How can we create our own product category and join the community as a vendor?

Aidin Mahmoodi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 13, 2017

Hi team,

We want to join the community and create our own product category.

Can you help us?

2 answers

0 votes
Aidin Mahmoodi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Thanks. I was just wondering how can we be get more exposure, if that is the case, what is the criteria that moderators are looking for?

pb September 19, 2017

Hi Aidan, as Nic said, we're still trying to figure out the best method for doing this in such a way that it's scalable and doesn't end up with a huge long scroll-list of vendors and apps. That's actively under discussion now.

Sit tight and we'll see how that ends up.  For now though, there's a great article on the developer community about tools for offering good service to your users on this community, and I'd encourage you to look for customers of yours that you can help (and pitch in generally and answer questions as you are able).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

Another thing we discussed was the use of "articles" rather than questions.  Some vendors are writing some rather good guides on setting up their add-ons to deal with various ways to use them to enhance products.  I'm finding myself reading all of these and then linking to them instead of answers.

pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - that's valuable feedback.  Thank you!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

You can't create product categories, that's up to the admins and moderators.  The community is still not sure how we want to be doing this, although we do have "help vendors identify stuff they can help with" very high on the to-do list.

@Monique vdB- any advice?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events