How can we create our own product category and join the community as a vendor?

Hi team,

We want to join the community and create our own product category.

Can you help us?

2 answers

0 vote

You can't create product categories, that's up to the admins and moderators.  The community is still not sure how we want to be doing this, although we do have "help vendors identify stuff they can help with" very high on the to-do list.

@Monique van den Berg- any advice?

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Thanks. I was just wondering how can we be get more exposure, if that is the case, what is the criteria that moderators are looking for?

Hi Aidan, as Nic said, we're still trying to figure out the best method for doing this in such a way that it's scalable and doesn't end up with a huge long scroll-list of vendors and apps. That's actively under discussion now.

Sit tight and we'll see how that ends up.  For now though, there's a great article on the developer community about tools for offering good service to your users on this community, and I'd encourage you to look for customers of yours that you can help (and pitch in generally and answer questions as you are able).

Another thing we discussed was the use of "articles" rather than questions.  Some vendors are writing some rather good guides on setting up their add-ons to deal with various ways to use them to enhance products.  I'm finding myself reading all of these and then linking to them instead of answers.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] - that's valuable feedback.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 31, 2018 in Feedback & Announcements

Junebug monthly challenge badge is now live!

Here’s what happened in May: thousands of you earned the Merry May badge. Thousands! I have faith that you can all repeat this feat in June. This month’s challenge is to post in at least 25 di...

37,392 views 37 20
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you