How can I get a permalink to secondary content (answers, comments)?

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2017

It is completely standard these days to expose a permalink for secondary content such as answers and comments, usually exposed as a link on the post date. Not having this available subverts proper cross linking of available content, thereby encouraging duplication of content.

Can this be simply switched on eventually?

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2019

This has been implemented at some point and is nicely exposed as a link on the day/date to the right of the author name above a post, thanks!

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2019

This notable improvement has gone AWOL again for a few weeks at least, only just found this old question again and had to unaccept my answer accordingly:

@Monique vdB - sorry to ping you directly, but given this had seemingly been silently implemented at some point, and now silently been removed again, and it's an ancient question that is likely to be overlooked, do you happen to be aware of what's going regarding this fairly annoying regression?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 2, 2019

It still exists (I got this link in my email: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-questions/How-can-I-get-a-permalink-to-secondary-content-answers-comments/qaq-p/458613) but IIRC it used to be available if you clicked on the date/time the comment was posted, right?

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2019

Yes, for a brief moment in the history of time it has indeed been available on the date/time the comment or answer was posted, and that's the crucial part when trying to cross-reference posts from this treasure trove of info, rather than being required to awkwardly copy & paste fragments, and possibly forego proper attribution to the community members who shared their wisdom :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 2, 2019

@Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ the fix for this is rolling out with our next release, next Wednesday the 10th, thank you for heads up!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events