How can I edit an old post on Atlassian Community?

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2017

I can't see an edit button or similar for past posts/comments/etc. How do I edit published content?

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2017

Monique with no way to @mention you I have no way to ask you to come back here and follow up. Looking forward to that feature!

What is the plan for enabling editing of past posts? When will we see this feature?

Thanks

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 21, 2017

Well I did see this in my email, so that's something :)

I don't have the answer yet though as our devs are sprinting towards a deadline right now. But I'll try to find out today.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 21, 2017

Nick, can you try now?

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 12, 2017

Can you link to the post, Nick?

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2017

Sure, here is an example where I want to update an earlier comment but only see 'Report inappropriate content' in the dropdown: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Marketplace-questions/Is-there-a-plan-allow-adding-of-multiple-maps-to-each-board-or/qaq-p/271857

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 13, 2017

Interesting. Let me look into whether authors should be able to edit legacy content or not.  If there's an urgent change you'd like me to make for you in the meantime, let me know -- I can edit it. 

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2017

I believe authors should definitely be able to amend legacy content. In this case the JIRA backlog locations changed as they split JSW project into JSWCLOUD and JSWSERVER.

All of the old issues were marked as Closed, which isn't necessarily the case. So I have quite a few old comments/posts to update with new links.

Can you please enable that feature.

Thanks Monique

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2017

Good poing that Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events