How can I edit an old post on Atlassian Community?

I can't see an edit button or similar for past posts/comments/etc. How do I edit published content?

2 answers

0 vote

Can you link to the post, Nick?

Sure, here is an example where I want to update an earlier comment but only see 'Report inappropriate content' in the dropdown:

Interesting. Let me look into whether authors should be able to edit legacy content or not.  If there's an urgent change you'd like me to make for you in the meantime, let me know -- I can edit it. 

I believe authors should definitely be able to amend legacy content. In this case the JIRA backlog locations changed as they split JSW project into JSWCLOUD and JSWSERVER.

All of the old issues were marked as Closed, which isn't necessarily the case. So I have quite a few old comments/posts to update with new links.

Can you please enable that feature.

Thanks Monique

Good poing that Nick

0 vote

Monique with no way to @mention you I have no way to ask you to come back here and follow up. Looking forward to that feature!

What is the plan for enabling editing of past posts? When will we see this feature?

Well I did see this in my email, so that's something :)

I don't have the answer yet though as our devs are sprinting towards a deadline right now. But I'll try to find out today.

Nick, can you try now?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Monique van den Berg
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Feedback & Announcements

How to earn badges on Atlassian Community

You may have visited your profile and seen a tab called badges. (If not, click on your avatar and View profile > Badges will get you there.)  But what do the happy little circles mean,...

8,058 views 20 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot