Enable HTML rendering

Davor Sedlan July 24, 2022

I would like to enable HTML Rendering in Description fields and Comment field in a was that if someone enters {color:black} that that the right result appears. 

Apparently this can be done with "Wiki Renderer Macros Plugin" and HTML option.
But on our instance I don't have the HTML option shown.

2022-07-25_1-32-58.jpg

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

Hi @Davor Sedlan

from the link Fabio gave you previously it is this section:

Changing a field's renderer

Before you change the renderer for a specific field, read Configuring renderers, paying particular attention to the Implications for Jira operations section.

1. Follow the first three steps from the Modifying field behavior section to access the field configuration whose field's renderer you wish to change.

When viewing a field configuration, the Name column indicates which renderers are currently enabled for all renderable fields, with the current renderer shown in brackets immediately below its field name.

1. Select the Renderers link for the field you want to change. This will take you to a page where you will have the option to select a renderer from all configured and available renderers.
  2. This page will warn you if there are issues that will be affected by the change. If no issues will be affected then the warning does not show. From this page, choose the renderer you wish to use and click Update.

Changing the renderer only affects how a Jira field's content is displayed or how a user interacts with a multi-select field — it does not affect the issue data that exists in the system. Hence, you can therefore toggle between renderer types safely.

Just to be on the safe side:
1.) you are asking for Jira Server or Jira Cloud?
2.) you are asking for the rendering of the content of a field OR the content of it's description?

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2022

Hi @Davor Sedlan ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Redering is managed at Field Configuration level (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/specifying-field-behavior-938847255.html)

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Davor Sedlan July 27, 2022

Hi, thank you for your answer but I don't understand where I need to make the changes in order to fix the described problem above.

Can you please be more specific maybe describe steps?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events