cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications from Atlassian Community come after hours

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

Hi,
Lately I've noticed that the email notifications to the issues you are watching comes after several hours.
Similarly if someone replies under your answer, its notification is received after delay as well. 

Is it just me or is this happening with anyone else as well?

- Tayyab

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 14, 2017

This is not just you @Tayyab Bashir! We're investigating this. I'm not sure if anyone has created a Jira ticket for this yet but if you'd like to, our Jira is here.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 14, 2017

(I mean a public Jira ticket -- we are following up internally.)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

FWIW, yes.  I also get duplicate emails.  Sometimes immediately, but sometimes up to a couple of days later than the first.  I've mentioned it to Monique's team, but I will admit that there are other things they looked at as I'm not too bad at "I saw this before, delete email"

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, the 'duplicate email' issue is a known platform bug that should be resolved in the next release (according to our vendor). That is scheduled for early next week.

Another thing that happens is that you might receive notifications when posts are edited; these email templates look very similar to the original notification email. You can turn off notifications for edits in your settings: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions%3Anotification-settings

Lastly, when posts get moved (like this one from Jira to Feedback Forum).. you might receive a "duplicate" email for the post in the new space if you subscribe to both content areas.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll continue to make the notification experience better when these types of issues are raised.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

The edits and moves don't bother me really, they do tell you what's happened, so they're not hard to filter out.

For me, it's just the (often delayed) duplicates.  I saw you wince when one of us mentioned it last Wednesday, which made me think you empathise and really do want to fix it.  Really good to hear it's slated for next week!

2 votes
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2017

A platform update has been performed as of today that should resolve this issue. If you continue to experience this issue, please file a ticket on our public Jira instance: https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/COMMUNITY/summary

Thank you!

0 votes
Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

I just received a notification for a question that was posted last Monday. Looking forward to a fix.

Edit: I just received a notification email right after a question was posted. So I guess it's an issue that's not always present.

pb
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2017

hi Maarten,

This is a particularly annoying issue, and a pet peeve of mine.  It's definitely very high on the priority list; I know it's being actively worked.

I hope I have news soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events