Any way to bring back all stories and sub-tasks under an Initiative+Epic parent in a filter?

Mat Pemble (Adm) June 14, 2017

In setting the issue scope for a Portfolio plan I want to use a filter that shows all issues linked to an Initiative. With the standard heirarchy:

Intitiative -> Epic -> Story -> Sub-task

I have Epics split across multiple projects but can't find a simple way to just set a filter to include all levels of issues connected to an initiative. The best I can do is bring back all the linked Epics via JQL parentLink field, but the stories and sub-tasks are not pulled in.

Ideally I don't want to have to rely on users ensure that each new story is tagged with a custom component that I can add to the filter.

Am I missing a simple and easy way to achieve this?

Thanks!

5 answers

0 votes
Dave Coop March 19, 2019

Why not simply use the search query of: "Parent Link" in linkedIssues("<insert Initiative ticket ID>")

Debbie October 28, 2020

That query does not include sub-tasks

0 votes
Mat Pemble (Adm) July 18, 2017

Hi Maree,

Just had a notice from Atlassian support indicating that there was a bug in the Scriptrunner plugin:

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-2314 https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-2313

which is fixed on the latest version of the plugin 5.0.14. release note - https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/releases/current-release.html

I have upgraded to the latest version of ScriptRunner and am pleased to say that this does indeed fix the problem and issues are now being picked up and scheduled as expected in Portfolio!

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mat

0 votes
Mat Pemble (Adm) July 14, 2017

Hi Maree,

Yes, unfortunately we have run into the same issue now that we have completed our high level estimates. All the epics and stories display fine in the scope panel and we can create new stories via this screen without problems, but none of the issues are picked up for scheduling.

We will probably have to kludge it by creating a cross project component which is actually the project name. Definiteley not ideal and not a neat approach.

I intend to raise it as a bug, but as it's connected with use of a 3rd party add-in I don't expect much.

Cheers,

Mat

Maree Milne July 16, 2017

Hey Mat

Bugger, was hoping it was just my version combination :(

I've raised a support request with Atlassian for the issue, will respond again if it gets anywhere :)

Cheers

Maree

0 votes
Maree Milne July 13, 2017

Hey Mat

We're having issues with the schedule section not working if our filters include the "issuesInEpics" jql function - would you mind letting me know which versions of Portfolio and ScriptRunner you are using?

Cheers

Maree

0 votes
Mat Pemble (Adm) June 15, 2017

Luckily I already have ScriptRunner installed so was able to achieve what I wanted with:

"Parent Link" = PROJECT-17 OR issueFunction in issuesInEpics("'Parent Link' = PROJECT-17") 

It still excludes sub-tasks but we don't really use that level of detail within Portfolio.

Suggest an answer