Answers deleted without notification

Ben Romberg - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 16, 2018

We're an Atlassian Marketplace vendor and post on topics within the Community where users might benefit from our apps.

We've recently discovered that almost *all* our posts in the community have been removed, for example on this topic. We also didn't receive any notification about the deleted posts.

We don't understand such behavior as we have conversion rates of about 30% from the Atlassian community, i.e. we seem to help those community users quite often when they search for an answer to their question.

Rather than posting those answers again when they get deleted, we'd like to understand why and when this is happening and how we can prevent it in the future. Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 21, 2019

Hi @Ben Romberg - codefortynine! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm wondering if perhaps you have been posting answers on older content? This is mentioned in our guidelines but maybe needs to be emphasized more:

In general, avoid resurrecting old threads (six months or more old) simply to promote your products.

Our moderators tend to remove "necroposts" and we're actually working on guidelines for closing down older threads that are no longer relevant to make this policy more clear.

Let me know if you think that might be it. 

0 votes
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 18, 2018

Hey Ben! Thanks, @Meg Holbrook for flagging.

My best guess is that our spam filters automatically flagged your content! (This can happen when you draft your content outside of the Community editor + then paste/publish. 

I'm taking a look now at your posted content so I can suggest more best practices to avoid spam limbo. 

Sorry for the frustration, talk soon!

Bridget

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2018

Hi @Bridget, thanks for the hint!. We indeed pasted most of our messages and will type them out by hand in the future.

Do you have any other insights what we might do to prevent getting flagged as spam?

Could you revert the deletion of our messages by any chance?

Thanks for your help!

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

Hi @Ben Romberg - codefortynine,

I've referred this question to the Atlassian team so they can work with you on best practices and possibly review some of the deleted posts. 

Marketplace Partner
December 18, 2018

Thanks a lot @Meg Holbrook!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events