Answering your questions on changes to server and Data Center

Viewing page 5 of 5

101 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

What would be the best way to merge multiple Jira and Confluence instances going forward?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2020

Hi @Kristin Lyons,

If your end destination is Atlassian Cloud, then I would strongly recommend using the Jira Migration Assistant App and the Confluence Migration Assistant App.  These are free apps that install to your Server or Data Center instances and can really help to make it much easier to get the data you want out of those sites to merge into a single Cloud site.

If you final destination is Server / Data Center, then those apps won't be of much help here.  Instead there is a KB that explains the process to follow in Merge multiple instances of Jira server.  This process is much more complicated though to follow however.  Many users find it much easier to use a paid 3rd party server app such as Project Configurator or Configuration Manager  to help ease this migration of data between server sites.

Andy

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

@Andy Heinzer  Ah I meant after Server licenses are no longer available, I still anticipate the merging of multiple Jira Cloud instances to occur. 

Like Alex Janes likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events