Answer given to initial commenter rather than my answer

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2023

Hi there,

I provided an answer to a question in the community, however it was in the replies of  a comment thread on the post. Despite the poster confirming that my reply was the answer to their issue, the marked answer went to the original comment we were replying on which was someone else.

Is there any way for me to get this accepted answer since I was the one who actually provided the solution?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/No-longer-have-an-option-to-disable-email-notifications-for/qaq-p/2252062#M244755

In future I'll make sure I make a new comment with the answer rather than replying in thread.

Kind regards,

Suzi

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2023

Yes, you're absolutely right.  We do have a (worryingly large) pile of "correct" answers where the initial comment was not the answer, but marked right because a later comment was right.  For now, you're doing the best thing you can, keep doing that!

I'm afraid we can't fix it.  But in typical engineer stance, I don't want to just yet - Khoros is old, and the new version that we are going to soon might fix it.  Emphasis on the might because I do not know.  It's not worth fixing Khoros, but the next one might work better.  I am saying this a lot at the moment, we might get a load of fixes for all sorts of stuff, including "comment is the right answer, not the posted answer"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2023

p.s. I've only had got the ability to "move" individual posts on questions since November, and I've only used it on spam or junk posts.  As I am inexperienced in that field, I don't want to risk trying to move your post to an answer (that I could then mark right, as it is), and then losing it.

Like # people like this
Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2023

Ok thanks Nic. It was worth asking the question.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2023

You have superb timing, the next Community Advisory board is only a few hours away, I'll see if I can ask about Aurora might handle it better.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer