Answer disappeared after edit

Just got an upvote on my answer for

Since all codeblocks got messed up by the importer from the old community system, I edited my original answer and replaced the xml entites with the correct characters. After publishing, my answer is gone, message-id 88287

I republished the answer as a new message, please fix this nasty bug.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi TtheB,

Your edit (and other replies) got held up the in Community spam quarantine.

I've released them now so they all show again.

Unforturnately, that's resulted in some duplicate posts on the thread, so let me see if I can tidy up for you.

I hope you see the urgent need to communicate this strange behaviour to the editor or creator with a popup message - it is very frustrating and I never encountered anything like it in other communities.

Sam Hall Community Champion Aug 13, 2017

Yes. I agree It is frustrating when a post is trapped by the spam filter without explanation.

I'm a user just like you, as are the other community champions, but I know Atlassian are working hard to make sure:

a) non-spam messages like yours don't get flagged as spam (COMMUNITY-59 is the ticket tracking this, so I will add a comment there referring to this thread).

b) a clear message is shown when posts are not accepted, so they don't just disappear into thin air!

I think you should have got an on-screen notification, looking something like this:

But clearly you didn't, so perhaps there is a bug where message is not showing in certain scenarios.

I will flag up this thread to Atlassian, so they can look into into it.

Well after 15m it suddenly returned, what is this?

Hi @Sam Hall,

I got the same behaviour.  I'm posting an answer on following article but it disappeared after the edit

Is this the place to report this behaviour ?

@Francis Martens (iDalko) it seems like it may have gotten stuck in the spam quarantine -- if so, it's likely one of our moderators went through and released it from spam jail. 

Ok - thanks.

I recreated the answer but I can't remove it.

What's the magic to remove an answer you created yourself ?

Sorry, I pulled it out of the spam then got totally distracted before I comm.... Ohh, shiny thing!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Monique van den Berg
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Feedback & Announcements

How to earn badges on Atlassian Community

You may have visited your profile and seen a tab called badges. (If not, click on your avatar and View profile > Badges will get you there.)  But what do the happy little circles mean,...

7,544 views 20 27
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot