cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer disappeared after edit

Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2017

Just got an upvote on my answer for

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Theme-Tutorial-Theme-Plugin-cannot-be-enabled-due-to-error/qaq-p/550627

Since all codeblocks got messed up by the importer from the old community system, I edited my original answer and replaced the xml entites with the correct characters. After publishing, my answer is gone, message-id 88287

I republished the answer as a new message, please fix this nasty bug.

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2017

Hi TtheB,

Your edit (and other replies) got held up the in Community spam quarantine.

I've released them now so they all show again.

Unforturnately, that's resulted in some duplicate posts on the thread, so let me see if I can tidy up for you.

Sam

Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2017

I hope you see the urgent need to communicate this strange behaviour to the editor or creator with a popup message - it is very frustrating and I never encountered anything like it in other communities.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2017

Yes. I agree It is frustrating when a post is trapped by the spam filter without explanation.

I'm a user just like you, as are the other community champions, but I know Atlassian are working hard to make sure:

a) non-spam messages like yours don't get flagged as spam (COMMUNITY-59 is the ticket tracking this, so I will add a comment there referring to this thread).

b) a clear message is shown when posts are not accepted, so they don't just disappear into thin air!

I think you should have got an on-screen notification, looking something like this:

spam-error.png

But clearly you didn't, so perhaps there is a bug where message is not showing in certain scenarios.

I will flag up this thread to Atlassian, so they can look into into it.

Sam

0 votes
Nikhilesh Saggere November 20, 2020

I am also experiencing the same behavior

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 19, 2017

Hi @Sam Hall,

I got the same behaviour.  I'm posting an answer on following article but it disappeared after the edit

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Move-issue-between-jira-instances-on-an-adhoc-basis

Is this the place to report this behaviour ?

Francis

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 19, 2017

It's back ...

Strange

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 19, 2017

@francis it seems like it may have gotten stuck in the spam quarantine -- if so, it's likely one of our moderators went through and released it from spam jail. 

francis
Marketplace Partner
December 19, 2017

Ok - thanks.

I recreated the answer but I can't remove it.

What's the magic to remove an answer you created yourself ?

francis
Marketplace Partner
December 19, 2017

... ignore ...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

Sorry, I pulled it out of the spam then got totally distracted before I comm.... Ohh, shiny thing!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 19, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 2.03.08 PM.png

0 votes
Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2017

Well after 15m it suddenly returned, what is this?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events