cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept Rate - Answers

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2012

What exactly is this "accept rate"? Got this doubt since this is being shown against the names of the people who are posting questions. Is this the rate a person accepts answers for their questions or is this the rate a person's answers are accepted by others?

May be FAQs require an update.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2012

Jamie answered this in another thread when I asked the same. It is the rate at which a person's answers are accepted.

I would really would have wanted it the other way though ;)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

Actually in that case the accept rate should be shown in the names against answers, not necessarily on the username in the question, right?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

Oh! didnt see that. Thanks Jobin.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

No Jobin, I was just reading the other thread, it is the other way. Jamie says "it's the number of questions the user has accepted an answer for, divided by the number of their total questions (x100). Same as SO.". It is not about how a persons answers are accepted, it is about how a person accepts answers for his/her own questions.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

If so, there is a bug. It should be 100% for me. I have an accept rate of 37% but I have accepted answers to all questions I posted. Am I confused?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

Yeah, there is something wrong. When I accepted an answer this morning my accept rate went *down* from 31% to 30%.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

Oops :)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2012

I think the error is: If you get more than one answer for a question and accept only one of these, you get an accept rate of 50 % or less according to the number of answers you got :-(

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2012

Or is there another error ? I have just seen an accept rate of 113 % ;-)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2012

What if someone has asked some question and still has an accept rate of 0 % ? Will you ignore her / his questions in the future ?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

You really need to know how many questions they've asked along with the accept rate. But yeah, if someone has asked 10 questions and got a 0% accept rate I might think twice about answering. Take https://answers.atlassian.com/users/7423/miki-y/ - 3 questions, 2 with good answers, 0 accepted.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2012

Maybe we should then answer, that she / he should first accept some of her / his old answers first before asking new questions...

Oh, I hate to teach someone good manners...

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

To be fair, and I don't mean to be singling people out, I think in this case the user just doesn't realise that you should accept an answer, as in both cases they've come back and said "thanks, this helps" or whatever. I think when you post a question it should say "btw, maybe you should consider accepting an answer on these 10 questions...".

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2012

Agree with you. We should not bother other users and create some more "angry nerds" :-)

Everything is going to be all right.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

It is not obvious what karma points mean, let alone how to give them when you initially sign up for help. A person is distracted by his/her issue. I did not learn what they are until I actually earned some and got curious what they are.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

Fair enough, I have deleted that comment. However I took pains to say that in this case it was probably a misunderstanding rather than the person being rude. I pointed out that that person had come back and graciously said "thank you", which to me is way more important and rewarding than 25 karma points, as is discussed in another thread.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

I edited my comment as well. I agree with Jamie about a simple thank you. Maybe Karma points should be renamed Thank You points. :>)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events