Would you join and interact in an Atlassian-focused Slack workspace or Discord Server

Bryan Guffey November 24, 2021

Hi all,

I have been thinking a lot about the best use-cases for product support and community engagement and I was wondering if anyone else in this community might enjoy having a Slack workspace or Discord server focused on the Atlassian tools and its community. 

While the Community site here is great, and the support from all the partners and Atlassian itself is helpful, I am a member of several Discord servers and Slack workspaces for community support and idea exchange that are really powerful, because one can tap into the real-time nature of chat.

I'm looking to hear from the community if this is something anyone else is interested in. I more than happy to spearhead the effort if there's enough interest, and maybe Atlassian themselves will want to get involved and sponsor it! :-) 

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to your feedback and thoughts!

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2021

Good question @Bryan Guffey !

I wouldn't - the reason I joined Community was to answer questions publicly and help people at scale. But that doesn't mean there's no market for it. I recall someone on Community (maybe it was the Atlassian Developer Community!) spinning up a Slack workspace and asking if anyone was interested in joining up. 

Besides, I'm a member of too many Slack workspaces and Discord servers. 😅

Happy Thanksgiving, if you observe it!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2022

I have joined a number of them, but I dropped out of the ones that were focused on helping out - questions deserve a wider audience as we have in the Community, and it's quite frustrating when people give really bad answers.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events