We're thinking about notifications of the future, please join us in helping shape it !

V
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2021

Hello, Atlassian community 👋

My name is Vidu Sharma, the Product Manager for the Notification Platform on the Cloud Platform team. My team and I are committed to listening to our customers' feedback, and we endeavour to incorporate this feedback so that it can improve our products in a way that broadly benefits our expansive customer base.

As users of Atlassian products (sometimes more than just one), it becomes critical to work with tools and stay on top of your notifications to make sense of it while moving work ahead. So, over the next few months, we are embarking on a journey to improve notifications in our products!

We would like to invite you to participate in our Early Access Program (EAP) & be part of early research and provide us with valuable feedback to improve notifications. By doing so, you help shape the future of Atlassian product capabilities.

If you're interested and would like to participate → Register here

& Request access to the Notification EAP private group → here.

What's involved in this?

We'd like to give you access to an experimental release of a notifications feature for use in your daily workflows. You can play with this and give us feedback.

In addition, we'll invite you to join a private online community group where you can report bugs, ask questions, suggest ideas, and generally join the team conversation!

We may also email you directly with questions outside of the online group.

Who is running it?

The group will be managed by

• Mark Catanzariti - Lead Designer, Platform

• Josh Maloney - Engineer, Platform

• Vidu Sharma - PM, Platform

How long am I needed?

The EAP will run for 4 weeks starting late November.

How do I sign up?

Please let me know in the comments if you are interested or email Mark at mcatanzariti@atlassian.com

Thanks - I'm looking forward to shaping the future of Atlassian products with you.

4 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

I'm glad to see a bit of love for notification preferences happening. 

After <mumble> years of  trying to deal with "oh I didn't see that because I ignore Jira email as I don't have time to read the hundred and eleventy twelve I get every day" and "can you stop Confluence telling me about a couple of people arguing about an Oxford comma because the person not using them is wrong?", I welcome a review!

Like # people like this
V
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2021

Thank you, Nic. Appreciate the encouragement! :highfive 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2021

I concur with Nic here and welcome the opportunity to get involved. Notifications are a critical component of the Jira solution and getting it “right” is very challenging indeed.

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 1, 2021

You can count on me. Register done!

Great idea to improve! 😊

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2021

@V - 🔔 A lot of users love the notification bell in Confluence - would love to see combined wiki and Jira notifications in both Jira and wiki.

...and have a way to filter those notifcations on and off! I can see users preferring to have wiki space update notifications only in Confluence, and issue notifications in Jira.

Cheers!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events