Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with being dropped off in community forums for support

Mehron Kugler February 27, 2020

A small, verifiable, repeatable bug has been interrupting my flow the past week in Confluence. With most companies, I can email a bug report using "info@" or "support@" <company.com>.

I spent a quick minute writing up a bug report, and tried emailing support@atlassian.com. I got a robo message telling me to go to the forums.

I get to the forums and find this endless stream of content that I need to apply filters to in order to find anything. I expected to find clearly delineated content areas pertaining to each type of forum.

I then discover there is a bug tracker Jira board, but I cannot post to it; trying to create an issue redirects me back to the community forums. Back to square one. So close!

Paying customers ought to have better access to personalized support. Most companies assign some kind of customer advocate or customer rep as a point of contact. This method of crowd-sourcing tech support doesn't just save money -- in my opinion, it puts on a bad appearance.

What could have been a quick 5-minute email has now devolved into 45 minutes of time-wasting, and given the inefficiency of this process, it lowers my confidence that Atlassian is the right solutions provider for my team.

1 comment

Dan Winkler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

@Mehron Kugler Have you tried to contact Atlassian using their Contact Support link? https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

That's what I use when I need to contact support, and I've always had success using it. 

I understand that the process for contacting support might be different for different companies, but I wasn't aware that Atlassian had an email option. I'd encourage you to fill out the form and see if that leads to the help you need.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events