Should Atlassian diversify the favicons they're using across sites?

Aidy Love
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2017

I wasn't sure where to post this discussion / feedback item, so I figured here would be the best place to start and gauge if other users have faced a similar headache. 

For context;
Every working day I browse and use most of the sites throughout the Atlassian network, i.e. marketplace, community, developer community, design, ecosystem, status.

In keeping with my standards of organisation, I like to keep everything neatly pinned in the same browser window that I open and rotate through everyday at work.

The problem;
Every single Atlassian site is using the exact same favicon. :/
So, when you want to have pinned tabs, you kinda have to trial & error through them to find the desired Atlassian site (or keep / memorise the exact order of pinned tabs relevant to a specific site i.e. tab 3 from left is Dev community).

I feel it would be best if Atlassian made unique favicons for each different site in the ecosystem. :)

Just my 2 cents

p.s. For the time being, I have used a work around (browser extension) to assign a different favicon to each site (based on URL fragment).

Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 19.19.14.png

Kind regards, 

1 comment

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 18, 2017

@Aidy Love I moved this into our Feedback forum.  This is a challenge for me too and am very interested in hearing others' thoughts on this. Nifty solution you've come up with!

Aidy Love
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2017

Hi @Monique vdB
Thanks for moving this item over to the right group! 
It's not a critical issue, just a consideration for the Atlassian design team to ride on the wave of the bold new brand. :)

pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2017

Quite honestly, Adrian, I agree with you.

I'm going to make sure that the appropriate folks from our design team see this.  :)

pb

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events