Say hello and tell us: what's on your desk?

Viewing page 3 of 7

163 comments

Jenn McClung April 6, 2018

Hi All,

I'm Jenn from the DFW, Texas area.  I started using Jira about 7 years ago and have been slowly adding knowledge of the additional Atlassian products.  I just completed the Atlassian Administrator track and am about to look into certifications.  

I guess it's about time I become active in the community.  :-)  

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 6, 2018

Welcome @Jenn McClung! If your avatar is your kitty, you owe us a pet pic here. :) 

So glad to have your knowledge and expertise here!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

Welcome @Jenn McClung! Congrats on completing the Atlassian Admin track, and PS. Adorable kitten :)

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

Welcome Jenn! Excited to see you around =^_^=

Jesse April 12, 2018

Hi Everybody,

My name's Jesse Ivy and I work for IEQ Technology in Springfield, Oregon, here in the United States. I'm currently working on a Java API to administer a higher education curriculum to apprentices.

I have a limited edition Josh Keyes autographed print, a box of cuban cigars, a skull, my stainless steel coffee cup, a luke skywalker (return of the jedi) action figure, a Fortune's Folly sticker, A giant teardrop carnelian my ex found in the river, Donald Duck (University of Oregon's Mascot), a photo of my oldest son, tissues, a random Windows 7 CD (I work on a mini mac so yeah, weird), and a little rack of the hemp greeting cards I make on my desk.

I'm an environmental activist with a focus on renewable energy.

Jedi Wear Hemp!

Cheers,

ji

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2018

@Jesse Love the variety, Jesse! Welcome. 😎

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2018

Welcome Jesse! The Carnelian sounds beautiful, I used to have one that looked like the Grand Canyon condensed into a little rock. 

Jesse April 17, 2018

Thanks! It's a nice carnelian yes, almost the size of my fist. She found it while she was searching for her phone to call me, which she had left in the sun on the hot rocks. Was romantic because it's a teardrop and she was crying at the time.

It has come to my attention that I neglected to mention my desk also has a the fastest Mac Mini in the office on it, in addition to two monitors. And I inadvertently set up my dev environment under the Administrator account, which I sort of like. At my former place of employment I was working for a hardware manufacturer who gave me twice as many monitors but anything past three isn't very useful.

And a tiny galaxy bar from Wales.

Minimal I am not. :)

Jolene Hey April 17, 2018

Hello! My desk has a laptop, 2 monitors, a keyboard, and a mouse.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

Hi Jolene! Welcome to the party!

giphy

Jesse April 17, 2018

AWESOME REPLY! Minimalist. I dig it. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

I love minimalism! Welcome Jolene 😊

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2018

Welcome, @Jolene Hey! 👋🏼

Eager Learner May 3, 2018

Aw yeah!

Courtney Langdon April 26, 2018

Hi, I'm Courtney! I've built multiple team spaces and knowledge bases in Confluence, both at my previous company as a Community Manager and at my current company as a Knowledge Manager. I <3 Confluence. ;) I've been a lurker in this Community for a while, but this is my first post.

On my desk I have the usual assortment of Pop Funko characters, posters advertising the Knowledge base, an Atlassian Team Tour lanyward, and a variety of greeting cards, photos, and random paper. 

Most common question I get from my users: "Hey, how did you make it do that thing on that page?" (The answer is usually a creative use of a macro, lol.)

I've also started using Trello to help keep me organized, and I am loving it as well. There's something very satisfying about moving a card from the "Doing" column / swim lane to "DONE". :D

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

Welcome, @Courtney Langdon! I need you to help me polish my skills in Confluence, for sure. Also, I have a soft spot for Trello (I was their dedicated community manager for a year), so let me know if I can help there at all. Be sure to check out https://trello.com/inspiration for some of the prettiest boards you ever did see. 😎

Courtney Langdon April 26, 2018

Thanks, @Erica Moss! I love dishing Confluence, so you can ping me anytime. Thanks for the Trello link; these are awesome. I use mine for tracking my blog posts, too, just like their "Blog Post Ideas". I'd go crazy without it!  (Eeee, I just copied one on Vacation Planning!) :)

Erica_Garcia April 30, 2018

Hello from San Diego! A new challenge in a new industry brought me to the gates of Atlassian and I am enjoying it all. I am so not a minimalist and might freak everyone out with how much is on my desk

Jesse April 30, 2018

Hi Erica,

Sounds ominous. Is there a tesseract on your desk? ;)

Welcome Aboard!

-ji

Erica_Garcia May 1, 2018

Haha no tesseract but do have a #Bosslady dice

desk.jpg

Jesse May 1, 2018

WOW! Nice! :) 

Eager Learner May 3, 2018

Hello everyone!  I'm new to becoming active in this community.  The question is "what's on my desk?"   My laptop, Water bottle and my wireless mouse.  I keep it simple.

Erica_Garcia May 3, 2018

Welcome Gabe!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2018

@Eager Learner I like it — welcome, Gabe!

Eager Learner May 4, 2018

Thanks, Erica!

Maria Sundling May 7, 2018

Hello everyone,

I'm Tech Consultant and JIRA Admin in a small-ish software dev company working with NLI (Natural Language Interaction).

I'm on part time maternity leave, therefor I work mostly from home and since summer finally arrived Sweden, this is my desk for today...

Happy JIRA-ing everyone!

SKP_20180507_124041_761578421755.jpg

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2018

@Maria Sundling Loving the view — welcome, Maria!

Erica_Garcia May 7, 2018

NICE! welcome Maria :)

Maria Sundling May 8, 2018

Thank you! :)

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2018

Hi all, I come from an agile team in China. Besides the Atlassian products, we are also experimenting with agile practices offline.

pic1.jpgpic2.jpg

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2018

@Ollie Guan We're glad you're here, Ollie!

Dario Dorismond May 9, 2018

Hello All! New to the community...

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2018

Welcome, welcome, @Dario Dorismond!

Gillian Rourke May 10, 2018

Hi, I'm Gillian, based in London, UK.  I work for a consultancy firm and we use Confluence and Jira to support collaboration within the firm and also to support project teams.  While I feel very confident in Confluence, I don't have admin rights so there's only so much I can do.  Would love to learn more about Confluence and Jira.  Oh, and Trello too.  That looks ace!!

We hotdesk at work too, so I don't have much on my desk at the moment.  2 napkins, my Bose headphones, my headphone/lightning adapter and my 2 phones.  However, on my Desktop I keep the image of our firm's standard colours and their HTML codes.

I'm looking forward to becoming involved in this community and learning more along the way! :D

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2018

Yay Bose headphones! I'm the Bose Jira & Confluence admin.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2018

Welcome, @Gillian Rourke! If you want to dive into Trello a bit more, I suggest checking out the inspiration page: https://trello.com/inspiration. So much good stuff there!

Matthew Kelly May 22, 2018

Greetings from (near) Boston!

My name is Matt and I'm a Senior Producer at Disruptor Beam where we use Jira and Confluence to help us make mobile games.  I've been using Jira and Confluence for about 4 years on a bunch of different game projects, and am currently doing a deep dive into how to leverage Portfolio for Jira here at Disruptor Beam.

Current desk status:IMG_2743.JPG

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2018

Welcome, @Matthew Kelly! Look forward to seeing more of you. 😄

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2018

Fellow Boston suburbanite here! You ever come to the Boston AUGs?

Matthew Kelly May 22, 2018

Greetings Josh!  I made it out to this Boston AUG last November (and will definitely try to hit up some more in the future):

https://aug.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-boston-presents-mathworks-november-29-noestimates-jira-solution-portfolio-safe-45-and-devops-toolchain

Kate Foster May 25, 2018

Hi from Boston.

I have my bag, paper tissues and hot tea (since I have a flue) and my cool colorful calendar. Also, my computer, of course, with Movavi Slideshow running (https://www.movavi.com/photo-to-dvd-slideshow/). Have finals in a few weeks.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2018

Welcome to the party, @Kate Foster! 🎉

fulvio May 25, 2018

hello, this is my messed up desk ;-) 
Hi!! Fulvio
photo_2018-05-25_12-16-04.jpg

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2018

@fulvio That's quite the setup! Welcome. 😎

Gary Pasquale
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2018

Hello,

I'm Gary based in Norwich, UK.

I've been a Jira & Confluence admin for over 4 years. Recently became an Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator (ACP-JA).

We've grown our Jira instance from around 200 local users to 11,000 + global users in 4 years. Jira really does sell itself!

I won't bore you with a picture of whats on my desk. it's really nothing out of the ordinary. Although the views are pretty special....

Capture.PNG

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2018

@Gary Pasquale Definitely laughed out loud — welcome, Gary!

Deleted user May 30, 2018

Hello @Gary Pasquale, which part of Norwich are you from? 

Gary Pasquale
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2018

Hi @[deleted], I work in the city centre and live by the football ground (which is still pretty central) 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2018

That's what I call a working place :-) - welcome @Gary Pasquale

Deleted user May 30, 2018

@Gary Pasquale Yes, I know the area well. I lived near Norwich for a time. 

Dam - iDalko June 1, 2018

Hi everybody,

I'm Damien Lauberton. I fall in love with Atlassian products 10 years ago. I also use JIRA when I go fishing !

My life runs on Jira: an inventory system for carp fishing

carp-288x300.png

I'm working as an Atlassian expert since almost 4 years, in France but also in Europe.

Hope to see some of you at the Atlassian summit in Barcelona next September.

cheers !

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

We've got a good crew heading to Summit for sure — and we're glad you're here, @Dam - iDalko!

Dam - iDalko June 4, 2018

Lisa Stren June 7, 2018

Hello everyone, I'm Lisa in Halifax, Canada and I'm pretty comfortable with Confluence. I've been using Confluence as a user for a few years and about 6 months as an administrators.

My desk is super chaotic. Not messy, but I like lots of little knick-knacks and having lots of colour (and washi tape) around. :)

Lisa Stren June 7, 2018

I guess I should also mention that I am learning a lot about Jira as an administrator right now. (Also very familiar as a user).

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

Color's always a great move — welcome, @Lisa Stren!

Fernanda Moreno June 11, 2018

Hi All,

I'm a Brazilian/Spanish Release Manager living and working in Barcelona. 

I will not show what's on my desk, as it's all simple stuff. You can easily picture it. 

I can, instead, say what I wish there were: one black cat, a pot of gold with an elf by the side, 0% calorie-0%fat chocolate that taste the same as milk chocolate.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2018

Welcome, @Fernanda Moreno!

Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2018

Hi I'm from Panama this is my desk.MyDesk.jpg

P_D_ Foerster
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2018

Hi, I'm Patrice from Germany. I work as a system administrator at diva-e Digital Value Excellence GmbH, an IT service provider.

My desk looks rather clean I think :D What's on it? Well, of course the obvious stuff: notebook, keyboard, mouse and extended display and also my headset.

The other things are a picture of me and my wife with my little daughter :) , a kudo card congratulating me to my passed ACP Jira/Confluence Admin, and an NSD powerball. This thing is great to relax your fingers / hands / arms wwhen you type and click all day ;)
This little sheet directly below my display is a Team Playbook Card that want to use with my team in our next review.

file.jpeg

In everyday work I'm responsible for our Atlassian apps at work (Jira, Confluence, Crucible) and also consulting my fellow employees regarding usage / best practices.

I am in the community because

• I have been here before (in Confluence Questions & Answers)
  • lots of good topics are discussed here
  • I can get help/support from other admins/users
  • I want to connect to other users :)
  • I want so share and help if possible

I wish you all a great friday and weekend  :)

Cheers,
Patrice

Lisa Stren June 15, 2018

Welcome, Patrice!

Jesse June 15, 2018

Hi Patrice, 

Nice monitor! My boss has a huge curved one kinda like that. I need to get a third myself. Or maybe just another machine.

Welcome Aboard!

Kind Regards,

ji

P_D_ Foerster
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2018

I can recommend this monitor! It's great to work with and if you want you can split the display by using picture in picture with two input signals. We're all getting these monitors now in our company :D

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2018

Loving this intro, @P_D_ Foerster! We're glad to have you.

P_D_ Foerster
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2018

@Erica Mossglad to be here :)

Matt Poladian June 15, 2018

Hello World!

P_D_ Foerster
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2018

Hi Matt, welcome :)

Steve Presser June 21, 2018

Hi, my name is Steve Presser with BeniComp. We are a company obsessed with health and education, and are doing our best to create tools to help fix the healthcare system. We've been using Atlassian products for years to build and manage our custom software application, and also manage the day-to-day of the business. We primarily work in JIRA and continue to build the team and explore other functions and products under the Atlassian umbrella. I hope to communicate and learn from others in the community.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2018

Welcome, @Steve Presser! We hope to learn from you as well. 😄

Ton June 21, 2018

Hi Folks,

I'm Everton David, I'm from Brazil and I'm living in Sao Paulo.

I have a portfolio developed in ​​IT since 2002. Bachelor in Information Systems and MBA in Project Management, today I've been working as an Certificated Atlassian Consultant at e-Core, PS: We are hiring (send me a message)

everton-david.jpeg

Brian Johnson July 8, 2018

Hey folks, I'm new to the Community although I've been using JIRA a little while. My team relies on JIRA for case management so I'm interested in continuing to strengthen my knowledge of the system to better support them. I don't have any real cute pictures to post now, but I do have a great Beta fish at home! 

Deleted user July 9, 2018

Hello All, 

My name is Danny Harris, I'm a Project Coordinator at ZeroLight, a digital agency that creates interactive experiences and content that connect automotive brands to their customers. 

I have been using Jira and Confluence for over 6 years now with no sign of stopping! :D 

I regularly use the Community as a learning platform; learning from interesting questions that are asked of by others, and helping others by answers the question topics I have experience in. 

IMG_1450.jpg

This is my desk, post-it notes are from the recent retrospective btw. 

Thanks

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2018

We're lucky to have you, @[deleted]!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2018

Here's my desk. Couldn't get the company to spring for a sit/stand desk, so I improvised.

2014-06-12 22.02.23.jpg

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2018

@Davin Studer Creativity, FTW. 💪🏽

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2018

Yeah, it ended up being the perfect height.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events