Say hello and tell us: what's on your desk?

Viewing page 5 of 7

163 comments

Pahniti Tosuksri April 25, 2019

Hi all,

I'm Pahniti - been working on Salesforce implementation for our non-profit, and now onto Confluence! 

Looking forward to joining the community! I'm just getting started trying to install Confluence on our servers, and can use any tips and tricks, lessons learned I can get as a power user working with an over loaded IT department.

Lucky for me, I cleaned up my desk before I left for vacation so not a ton of stuff here aside from my 2016 Cleveland Cavs Championship banner.

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2019

@Pahniti Tosuksri Welcome, welcome! Be sure to check out the Welcome Center for more new-to-Community tips, and hop over to the Confluence collection to ask questions and engage in discussions. 😄

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this

Hi everybody, I'm currently a developer (Y)

Sunny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2019

Namaste! I'm a new Atlassian in the Bengaluru office, joined the JIRA team and looking forward to meet and explore on the Community here! :)

Here is a picture of my desk 😬

IMG_0092.jpg

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2019

Welcome Sunny and lots of fun in the Jira team! I hope today's soundtrack is "Wham!" ! ;)

Like Sunny likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2019

@iCode Welcome, Sunny! 😄

Like Sunny likes this
Jehosúa Ibuarben May 12, 2019

Namaste! This is Jehosh’, one of Jira admins in our company. Looking for inspiration from this awesome community to make the most of this fantastic tool. 

On my desk there are 2 twenty something inches screens, a mouse, a keyboard and plenty of space for my mind to wander around.  

Hello community!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2019

@Jehosúa Ibuarben You're certainly in the right place. Welcome, welcome!

Chris Freeman May 14, 2019

IMG_7955.jpg

Hi everyone. Chris Freeman here, joining what seems to be an awesome group of people. I've worked in Jira/Confluence for years as a user, but now I've been moved over to help implement a system, and they seem to be struggling. Maybe you guys can help me help them?

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2019

@Chris Freeman Welcome, Chris! There's no better place than the Community to get some support — feel free to drop any specific questions in the relevant product collections. 😄

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2019

WELCOME to all you awesome peeps who have recently said hello and showed us your desk ! !

I did my own hello post some time ago but decided to do an update due to a new item that's technically not on my desk... but at it! 

It's my new Status Page and it's fricking AWESOME! (Glows in the dark!!!!)

So a nice big welcoming wave to you all from Rotterdam today!

GIF-2019-05-17-14-50-40.gif

Like # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2019

So happy to see you're loving the shirt! 🙌

Doolaeghe Julien May 26, 2019

Hi All, 

I am joining you as a Confluence fan! 

I used it on my daily job and then I love it so much that I now use it for my side job on 3d Printing.. documentation is so important in any business that it is clear that confluence helps to make it seamless 

you don't even feel like documenting... ;-)

Cheers, 
Julien

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2019

@Doolaeghe Julien Welcome to the Atlassian Community! 😄

Doolaeghe Julien May 28, 2019

thanks a lot... just finished my setup including support of ssl so proud 

Like Sunny likes this
Sunny
Atlassian Team
May 29, 2019

Bravo @Doolaeghe Julien!

Congratulations on taking the right step and enabling SSL on your Confluence instance. 🏆

Phil Fang June 25, 2019

Praises for jumping unto the app, keeping your data locked tight as well!! 

vijay sharma July 11, 2019

Hi

Like Erica Moss likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2019

@vijay sharma Welcome to the Atlassian Community. 😄

Tiffany Lirones July 22, 2019

Hello!

I am a Scrum Master working with an engineering firm in Grand Rapids.  I have been a member of the community for some time, but I have not been interacting or utilizing the community to it's fullest potential.  I would love some suggestions on how to get more involved!

On my desk:

• Photos of my husband, 3 kids, and dog
  • a welcome back card from my colleagues (I just returned from a 12 week maternity leave!)
  • coffee mugs.  lots of them...i should probably start cleaning them for reuse....
  • oh yeah, and a computer.  ;)
Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2019

Hi @Tiffany Lirones

welcome to our Community!

Besides technical questions or discussions, have a look at our Friday Fun posts. You can still comment on every single one of them. Or join some of our groups. Hope you like them. 

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2019

@Tiffany Lirones Welcome, Tiffany! Always love to see a fellow Michigander here. 😄 The Welcome Center is a great place to start for FAQs and best practices, and then most folks click "Watch" on product collections they care most about. Our most engaged members move on to become Community Leaders (answering questions, writing articles, etc.), and we reward them with lots of cool perks. 🎉

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2019

Hi Tiffany and welcome to the community!

I'm very interested in your mug collection on your desk. How do you decide which one to use? Just asking for... a friend... 😁I have a few on my desk as well but normally tend to use one of them for a while and then maybe switch to another one. Currently, my big Starbucks "Washington" (State) mug is my absolute favorite because of some fond memories.

vijay sharma July 24, 2019

#1 Bhagvat Geeta

#2 Cup, which, won in a competition.

#3 Water Bottle 

#4 Bluetooth Headphone

Juan Ramón Alonso
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2019

Hi everyone! My name is Juanra. I have been here for a while, as I have been working with Jira and Confluence for several years now, and this community is one of the best places to get responses and learn about both of them.

Together with a colleage we have recently taken the responsability of leading the Atlassian Community in Madrid, and we are starting to prepare our first event. We are very excited!

I hope to be able to contribute and grow with this community .

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
September 2, 2019

Hi @Juan Ramón Alonso , welcome! I'm so glad that you find this community so useful :D

Also, that's great that you're leading the Community in Madrid, that sounds very exciting. Keep us posted about how the events go!

See you around,

Ana

Like Juan Ramón Alonso likes this
Juan Ramón Alonso
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2019

I will for sure! First event is coming next october 24th. I'll let you know more 3 or 4 weeks before.

See you!

Like Ana Retamal likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

@Juan Ramón Alonso That's so awesome, Juan! Sending good vibes for your first event, and looking forward to seeing more of you on Community. 😎

Like Juan Ramón Alonso likes this
Juan Ramón Alonso
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

Thanks a lot Erica!

Judy Harris September 5, 2019

Good Morning Atlassian, I'm a Senior Experience Designer and this is my second day looking around Jira and Confluence.  I have used Trello Boards since 2014 and LOVE them so I'm excited to see what Jira is all about.   I have coffee on my desk and the view outside my window is my wooded side yard! 

Juan Ramón Alonso
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2019

Welcome Judith! Jira is much more than a super powered Trello, and can be a bit overwhelming at the beginning, so don't worry if things look a bit harder the very firsts days. Just think that there are a lot of things you can achieve with Jira that are just impossible with Trello, but the friendliness of Trello makes it the way to go sometimes, so it's a matter of choosing the right tools for the right tasks.

Enjoy!

Judy Harris September 5, 2019

Thanks.  

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2019

@Judy Harris Welcome, Judith! I, too, love Trello and use it to coordinate both my personal and professional worlds. 😄 Be sure to check out the Friend of Taco badge challenge, and let us know if you have any questions.

Thor Henrik Nordvik September 30, 2019

Hi guys 

I am back working with Atlassian tools after a few years with a more administrative focus. 
I had the role as administrator and is entering a similar role now. It has been a few years since last time I worked in this role, so I will perhaps need the help of the community :) 
And I will be talking some on demand courses
And i am from Norway :)   

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2019

@Thor Henrik Nordvik We're glad you're here, Thor! Be sure to check out the product collections that interest you, as well as off-topic areas like Friday Fun. 😎

Edwin Ruiz October 12, 2019

Hello everyone,

My name is Edwin and this is my desk setup. Favorite thing on my desk is Simba :)IMG_5104.jpg

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2019

@Edwin Ruiz Looking good, Edwin! We're glad you're here. 😄

Carla_Cox October 22, 2019

Hi! I'm Carla, a community aficionado, that is of any community that brings all the differences to combine them into a colorful and flavorful synergistic environment! I have been using Atlassian products as a software engineer, now I have a different role in the company and hope to bring in Jira flavors for managing our workflows. I love writing code and learning new tools, both digital and tangible ones. My desk picture isn't loading, might be because it's not compatible with Windows 7. Did I say I like learning new tools? Well, thank goodness I have until January to upgrade! (I am not a procrastinator!)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2019

@Carla_Cox Welcome to the party! 🎉

Christopher Ball November 13, 2019

My name is Chris, I live in Brisbane Australia, and have a bunch of Pokemon memorabilia on my desk! :-) 

Like Jenney_Ward likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2019

@Christopher Ball Welcome, Christopher! 😄

Brian January 15, 2020

Hi it's Brian.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

Hi Brian! But what we all want to know: What's on your desk? 😁

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

@Brian Welcome, welcome!

Nithya Sharabheshwarananda January 25, 2020

hi

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

@Nithya Sharabheshwarananda Welcome, welcome!

David Yakobovitch March 18, 2020

Hello, I am David in NYC, supporting our team with Atlassian Jira Software for Kanban workflows.

Jenney_Ward April 17, 2020

Hello, World of Atlassian! I use my dining room table for my desk. I sit in my great-grandpa's orange fiberglass armchair from the 60's. On my work surface I usually have my cat, colored markers, notebook and a bottle of "Focus" essential oil that keeps me focused on everything except my work. My other desk is my standing desk, a.k.a. the kitchen counter.

Sarah Rubenfeld May 13, 2020

Hi All!

My name is Sarah and I'm currently a Confluence novice but I hope to become a power-User within the month. 

I work at a large university and I'm responsible for creating a repository for policies administered across the University. It's a big undertaking  - and I'm not really sure where to start - so any advice on where to begin and what to focus on would be awesome! :) 

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2020

Hey Sarah!

Welcome to the community, here's a great place to start your journey. Recently an article about an Atlassian Confluence tutorial for beginners had been shared on social media. There are also two free Skillbuilder seminars about Confluence Content Management and using Confluence for Documentation/Knowledge bases (scroll down). Maybe this helps you to get started. :)

Best, Max

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2020

@Sarah Rubenfeld Welcome to the Community! Be sure to check out the New to Confluence collection, as well as threads like Friday Fun. 😄

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2020

Hello everyone!

I am Vero, a Computer Engineer, I have been working with Atlassian tools for 6 years (Jira, Confluence, SourceTree, JSD) and my wonderful Trello.

I work from my incredible office in Zaragoza, Spain

Escritorio_trello.jpg

Here's my little workspace at home, I try to keep my desk tidy because I don't really like chaos.

I enjoy life, my family, my work, my friends and I love participating in all those activities that allow me to meet interesting people, learn and have a good time.

Best Regards :o)

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2020

Hey @Vero Rivas welcome to the Atlassian Community. It sounds like you have some good experience with Atlassian products. Do be shy to answer a question or two if you know the answer and feel free to ask for any help that you may need.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2020

@Vero Rivas Welcome to the Community! 😄

Like Vero Rivas likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2020

Hi

Thank you very much, I'm very happy !!! 😄

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2020

Hi @Davin Studer 

I have been using them for a long time, in addition that I love some like Trello and Confluence, I find them very useful for day to day, in addition to sharing them with my family.

I look forward to contributing to this great community.

Thank you for your offer of help  👍

Regards.

Felix Sargent June 8, 2020

Hi! I will be joining Atlassian on the 15th of June.

WFH due to COVID,but here's my desk! r/battlestations - IKEA dual screen with DIY Ice clock and iPad calendar

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2020

@Felix Sargent Welcome, welcome! 😄

Damien June 9, 2020

Hi All,

NewB here, been using Atlassian products for years and eventually decided to join the community! :)

My temporary set-up at home looks like this today...

IMG_1416.jpg

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2020

@Damien You're in great company — welcome!

Damien June 9, 2020

Thanks @Erica Moss

Jason Smith August 13, 2020

For 'Activity feed', is there a way to filter comments etc that are in reply to you/me (a user), rather than seeing everything in your feed and having to work out what is what?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 14, 2020

Hi @Jason Smith! This is something we're working on right now, but unfortunately nothing is live yet. We're talking through what would be the most relevant content to bucket, so this is useful feedback! 

In the meantime you can double-check your subscriptions to make sure you're following only what you want. Let me know if you have any questions or further ideas. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events