Roadmap and overall feedback for @Atlas Hangouts Chat bot.

Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

My dear Community,

I am product owner of Atlas bot for Hangouts Chat:

@[deleted] supports Bitbucket both server and cloud version. It can notify you about builds, branch changes, new comments and more. 

Developing and maintaining a bot is a very refreshing and challenging task and we would like to push it further. This is why I would like to ask you all about next steps on our bot's roadmap and overall shape of our product. I am using a "product" word because, eventually, we will introduce paid subscriptions for @[deleted] in some way or another.

Our bot currently serves more than 2k of messages per day and we are already reducing our costs of maintenance by automating all the toolchain we use to produce and maintaining it (hey @Bitbucket thanks for your pipeline tool!). 

We have logged several big changes on the roadmap currently and we are struggling to know whether we have taken a good direction. Please share your thoughts on the following items:

1. We don't consider @[deleted] to be Bitbucket only bot, but rather we are planning to have it supported other Atlassian apps: Jira, StatusPage. By integrating more apps in @[deleted] we maybe be able to implement cross-product features some other bots could not support, like threading messages from several products by Jira ticket or by sprint. This is why we have placed on a roadmap support for Jira in the first place (server and cloud).  
  2. Nudging and mentions - we will explore mentioning/notifying chat users if they are selected for being code reviewers in Bitbucket pull requests or assigned to Jira tickets. 
  3. Webhooks - we are considering a clever way to show cards (configured by users) on some webhooks created for the chat room. With this feature users could create integration with apps we don't know or could not support.
  4. Cards actions - merge pull straight from the chat room or assign Jira ticket from support room. This is our next feature to consider.

I would like to know your opinion on the matter of paid subscriptions for such bot. In our vision we are rather pursuing model in which we gather small payments  but for the big as possible customer base. Currently we are exploring possibilities to charge each product @[deleted] can integrate with separately to allow customers choose what they want to use. 

Having said that I would love to hear some feedback on this. Discussion is welcome, ideas will be logged, and thoughts on how to push our bot forward will be listened :)

Thank you in advance and regards,

Piotr Bojko

Product Owner for @[deleted] Hangouts Chat bot.

2 comments

Comment

Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2020

With COVID-19 continuing to spread around the world, people everywhere are moving to remote work. We strongly encourage to work from home whenever possible. Thus we are upholding to introduce feature limits in any plans - free or paid - until April 30. However, Atlas may warn you that your current plan may not cover a feature you are using (like notifying on pull requests events for private repository) in a near future.

Instead we are switching to pay-if-you-want model. You can buy appropriate plan but this is not mandatory for Atlas to be fully working until April 30.

If you are willing to switch to paid plan just now - we would be thankful.

Paresh_Redkar April 27, 2020

Hi Piotr

When is the jira server - google chat getting a bot? 

Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2020

Hello,

Our road map in short:

1. Introduce mentions - currently in beta for Bitbucket Cloud.
  2. Update Bitbucket Server integration to catch up with features (like mentions).
  3. Support for Jira Cloud
  4. Support for Jira Server

I cannot give any specific time frame for this, I am afraid.

Regards,

Piotr

Julien Bennegazy March 1, 2021

Hello Piotr, 

Any news about your road map for "Support for Jira Server" ? 

Emre Toptancı [OBSS]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 27, 2020

Hello @Piotr Bojko ,

The features I see critical are:

• Jira Server support (of course)
  • Creating a room and inviting participants with a single click from a Jira issue
    • (Hipchat had this. I am not sure if this is part of your bot scope but improves the usability significantly. Can be implemented as a companion Jira app. )
  • Getting notifications from Jira issues.
  • Mentioning Jira issues to be shown as cards in the room
  • Taking actions (comment, transition, etc) from Jira issue cards

EmreT

Like Anna Zekunova likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events