Questions missing after Atlassian Answers migrated to Community

Satyam Roy April 4, 2017

It seems that a lot of questions went missing after Atlassian Answers was migrated to community.

The results shows up in Google but when we try to open them, it doesn't come up.

Anyone else faced this issue ?

8 comments

Comment

Alfie J. Palmer April 4, 2017

Yep, experiencing exactly the same

Deniz Oguz April 4, 2017

Yes, I have the same issue

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

Hi Satyam - Yes. A few other people have noticed the same.

The explanation appears to be that Atlassian did not migrate development related questions (tagged with *-development) as explained by Jeremy here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-questions/Can-you-please-clarify-your-migration-algorithm-policy/qaq-p/458313

Also see below, which is another example of someone facing the same problem

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Why-I-cannot-link-or-see-the-page-to-get-script-info/qaq-p/458331

Satyam Roy April 4, 2017

Ahh ! that makes sense. 

Thanks Sam for pointing that out.

It seems they are still building on the development site and might leave out the questions which is yet to be decided. 

Deleted user April 4, 2017

hum.... every second problem I had to solve with an atlassian product was resolved by a answer on answers.atlassian searching google. hard times ahead I guess ;-)

Alfie J. Palmer April 4, 2017

Try viewing the cached page :)

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2017

Those Google caches do expire fairly quickly, so if an answer hasn't also ended up in the Internet Archive, quite some valuable content will be lost for good (besides not being easily accessible in the first place) :(

Peter Van de Voorde
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2017

Hi all,

I posted a feedback article to explain what happened and why.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/The-Atlassian-Developer-Community/ba-p/459061

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

Thanks Peter.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2017

Just to update anyone new looking at this discussion, there is an update from Atlassian here.

Leslie Lee said:

"Your feedback was heard and we will be migrating back all the old Answers content that didn't get moved in the next 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned... "

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 13, 2017

Another update: the content is scheduled to be restored tonight. Fingers crossed!

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2017

To close this discussion off -

The missing questions were migrated. For info see:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/Missing-questions-have-been-migrated-to-community/ba-p/577529

I'd suggest that is now the best place to comment about problems or issues accessing migrated questions.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events