Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-prem vs Cloud feature development and community influence

Justin Warwick November 17, 2020

Greetings @Jason Fingerhut (and anyone else with thoughts on this matter),

I was just reading your recent comments on JSDSERVER-1476 , and I have a small tangent I hope you will take up, but I felt that the issue comment thread itself was not the right place.

It seems to me the trend for Atlassian has been cloud-first and maybe eventually cloud-only. My employer emphatically does not want that. I have this fear that if the cloud votes are "inflated," Atlassian will feel emboldened to continue to diminish in priority, and then eventually starve out on-prem offerings. So while I am very sympathetic (or rather empathetic) to our cause and your proposal, for me, it seems in the long run to increase risk of a "worse fate", albeit one further in the future. 

Perhaps my fears are misplaced. I'd be glad to hear your thoughts on it, and also I'd be glad to hear more of your own, or any other sympathetic customer's ideas on how to effectively persuade Atlassian to make it a priority and to deliver on (at least a few of) these long overdue features, for both on-prem and cloud offerings.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events