cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading notification about accepted answer in activity feed

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2021

Hi community,

when somebody accepts the answer to the question I've answered, I'm able to see in my activity feed this text: "User XYZ accepted your answer to Question ABC"... But this notification is visible also in the cases, when the accepted answer is not mine (e.g. I've participated, but the author of the accepted answer is not me). This is confusing.

notification.png

Maybe somebody has already reported this, but I didn't find it.

Is it a known problem?

Thank you very much!

4 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2021

Yes, thank you.

Just found this question from another user, who is probably experiencing the same thing, so it seems to me it is something more global.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2021

Ah! I see, the >watch< function it is. Yes, then it sounds like a bug :-/
Never noticed before to be honest. Let's see if there will be feedback in a few days :-)

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 1, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers ,

thank you, yes, this is the post.

This problem occurs even if I didn't participate and just watched the question. Maybe it is somehow connected to the watching functionality... I use it a lot, when I see something interesting and want to know the answer from the others...

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2021

Hi Hana,
I have just double checked for my feed but it seems to be free of this effect.

This is very strange, indeed, I believe the post is found using this link but I see a reply from Jack there. It would be interesting to know what he sees in feed...

Regards,
Daniel

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events