Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Software Pricing & Licensing

Dirk Küver-Christen November 3, 2020

Dear community,

I looked for a post dealing with the licensing issue (https://www.atlassian.com/de/licensing/jira-software) , but couldn't find one. We have a lot of customers (in Germany), with less then 500 users, who users JIRA Software, Confluence, Bitbucket etc. For most of them, it is not possible, to move into Atlassian Cloud for many reasons.

We fear that our medium-sized customers will no longer be interested in purchasing Atlassian products in three years, and they will definitely  not change to the Data Center Edition.

It would be interessting to hear some other thoughts about this issue.

Best regards

Dirk

1 comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

Hi @Dirk Küver-Christen

Currrently there is indeed no other option as the 500user DC license. 

Atlassian seems to be looking at alternatives but at this time it is all speculation (and hope for many companies).

You could take a look at this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/To-all-Atlassian-server-champions-we-want-to-hear-from-you/qaq-p/1500873 and post your concern/question there.

From what I read arround the community they are looking at what the possibilities are for companies that cannot move to Cloud (why not?) and for other smaller companies that don't need/want the 500 user license of Datacenter.

At the moment tho, it's all speculation and we have to wait untill we hear more news on the roadmap.

Dirk Küver-Christen November 3, 2020

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans ,

thanks for your reply, the link helps me a lot. I hope, Atlassian will think about their decission, to make a lot of partners and customers feel uncomfortable.

Best regards

Dirk Küver-Christen

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events