Jira Labs New View is Garbage and should not replace the classic style

Ethan V. September 29, 2020

The new view simply does not work for my company. Custom fields do not show. Automations do not work, where is the manual trigger button? The new view is scheduled to replace the old view by March 31 2021, for those who don't know. I am here to make a stand, this new view needs to remain optional. 

Obviously, this is just software engineers trying to remain relevant, forcing an ever changing environment for no reason. Well how did that work for the main interface for Jira Cloud? Everybody freaking hated it and what happened? A couple years later, it was reverted back to Jira Server looking.

Obviously, Atlassian is going to do the same thing. Force some controversial change, make everybody upset, then bill everybody to undo their changes a couple years later. It makes for a really dishonorable business practice.

But what do I know? I'm just the sole Jira admin of my well-entrenched company and this permenant change is going to cause havoc to the little old ladies in HR. But as long as Atlassian gets their buckaroos, who cares what we customers actually want.

1 comment

Comment

Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2021

Hi @Ethan V. 

I'm sorry to hear your troubles with the new issue view. I know it has been some time since you have posted this feedback (it was actually before I joined Atlassian myself), but if you're interested in jumping on a call to run through some of your feedback, please book time with me here. Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events