Java versions support plan for Server products

Kamila Czubaj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2020

Hello, Community!

My name is Kamila, and I'm a Product Manager on the Server products, and I want to share with you our plans for the next Java versions support.

With the new Oracle Java licensing and release strategy, a new major Java version will be released every six months and a Long-Term-Support (LTS) version every three years. We’ve decided that we are adding support only for the LTS versions of Java since. We do not recommend or support the usage of short term support Java versions.

We will support Java 8 and Java 11, both of which are LTS versions. On top of that, we will keep supporting both Oracle JDK and OpenJDK distributions, like AdoptOpenJDK. 

Here is a table with the supported versions: 

Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 14.00.43.png

For vendors release and end of life dates, visit the above link.

Looking forward to your comments and observations.

Thank you,

Kamila

1 comment

Lenny Fernandez March 10, 2020

Hi Kamila, 

Was there a release today?   If so I lost all of my Kanban Boards.  How do i get them back

Kamila Czubaj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2020

Hi Leonardo,

I don't know about a specific product, this is an informative post, for our future plans.

You should contact the support team, to resolve your problem.

Thank you 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events