JIRA Cloud Issue Types

Amit Vashishtha May 25, 2021

Hi All,

I have two comments on the JIRA cloud version vs JIRA on-prem.

1. The Issue type default values are Epics, User Story and Tasks. Feature is a missing issue type. Though it's a mostly an optional issue type and not pre-dominantly used across projects, it is a good to have feature without waiting on the JIRA admins to configure the JIRA board
  2. The option to collapse the Story read view on the right side of the user story in a sprint should be collapsible to give a longer view to read the associated User Story details 

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

I am not sure what you are asking about here.  Two different pieces of software do things a bit differently to each other.

Like # people like this
Amit Vashishtha June 1, 2021

I agree. I wanted to provide the feedback as an end-user of the application to help improve it get better with stack available for customization. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Ok, well, on point 1, you can add Features if you want to, it's up to you.  On point 2, use the other view, then you don't need to collapse anything.

Jay May 30, 2021

Interesting comments @Amit Vashishtha but like @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  I am unsure if you are just wanting to make a statement or wanting to provide feedback or needing support.

Like # people like this
Amit Vashishtha June 1, 2021

It was a constructive feedback as an end-user for improvement of the application. I saw noticeable differences on the Cloud version which limit my ability to fully utilize the application as per needs. Having an additional set of clicks to finally reach the bigger view or create hierarchy is a trade-off per my opinion for a cleaner UI. I will prefer functionality over interface.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events