Issues with username sync from Atlassian account? Edited

One user is reporting his email address being displayed in community instead of his name (I will avoid linking him here since it's a privacy issue).  @Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant] has updated his username with his company name, but is reporting it hasn't yet synced.

If you're having issues syncing or updating your username, can you report them here? It will help us troubleshoot.

Update: Logging completely out of your Atlassian account and back in again will re-sync your account and should resolve this issue. Please try this solution and let us know if it doesn't work. 

Thanks!

4 comments

I've changed mine in my Atlassian account and it's definitely updated on my company's Jira, but not here

Thank you for the report Monique! And sorry for all the fuss. :) 

The issue has been resolved for me (as we can see).

Many thanks @Monique van den Berg!

I am experiencing the same issue. My display name is not carrying over to the community site.

I was given this advice by @Monique van den Berg in the below comment 'try logging completely out of your Atlassian account and then back in again to re-sync your account.' and it worked.

Looks to have worked. Thank you.

am I still having the issue?

We are pursuing this urgently, but in the meantime -- try logging completely out of your Atlassian account and then back in again to re-sync your account.  

@Monique van den Berg looks like thats fixed it! :)

Hooray! In the meantime I deleted all the @ mentions in this thread that were still showing as email addresses. :)

Comment

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Monique van den Berg
Published Apr 03, 2018 in Feedback & Announcements

April 2018 Community Content Awards

...badge on their profile and a special message in the mail. Congratulations to all our award winners, and a heartfelt thank you for being the heart and soul of Atlassian Community over the past year....

2,153 views 33 32
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you