Issues with username sync from Atlassian account?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 21, 2017

One user is reporting his email address being displayed in community instead of his name (I will avoid linking him here since it's a privacy issue).  @Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant] has updated his username with his company name, but is reporting it hasn't yet synced.

If you're having issues syncing or updating your username, can you report them here? It will help us troubleshoot.

Update: Logging completely out of your Atlassian account and back in again will re-sync your account and should resolve this issue. Please try this solution and let us know if it doesn't work. 

Thanks!

5 comments

Huw Evans
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2017

I've changed mine in my Atlassian account and it's definitely updated on my company's Jira, but not here

Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 22, 2017

Thank you for the report Monique! And sorry for all the fuss. :) 

Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2018

The issue has been resolved for me (as we can see).

Many thanks @Monique vdB!

Francesco C January 5, 2018

I am experiencing the same issue. My display name is not carrying over to the community site.

Toby Moore January 8, 2018

I was given this advice by @Monique vdB in the below comment 'try logging completely out of your Atlassian account and then back in again to re-sync your account.' and it worked.

Francesco C January 8, 2018

Looks to have worked. Thank you.

am I still having the issue?

yep :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 8, 2018

We are pursuing this urgently, but in the meantime -- try logging completely out of your Atlassian account and then back in again to re-sync your account.  

@Monique vdB looks like thats fixed it! :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 8, 2018

Hooray! In the meantime I deleted all the @ mentions in this thread that were still showing as email addresses. :)

francis
Marketplace Partner
May 29, 2018

Hi @Monique vdB,

Is there somewhere an instruction to adapt the display name to include the vendor name in case the profile is managed by Google.   I can adapt my display name there, but this will impact a number of other systems

atlid.png

Francis

PS. I would like to have access to publish an article.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 31, 2018

@francis oh, that is a tricky one, we haven't run into this before! We're working on allowing community-specific aliases down the road. So in the meantime, you can just mention in the body of your post your status as a vendor.

In the meantime I'll grant you the permission and look forward to reading your articles :) 

francis
Marketplace Partner
May 31, 2018

Ok - thanks 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events