Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with New Community Search and Linking

Blake April 5, 2017

Is anyone else having problems with the new community?

The new community forum looks pretty at first but it has some major issues with searching and linking to articles. 

1) when I search for "API bad request jQuery" it auto corrects to "APO bad request query". Completely different meaning...

2) links to articles have nearly stopped working. Links from Google stopped working and even links from/to the Atlassian website, for example these take you to the community landing page rather than the article: 

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/178764/400-bad-request-on-issue-update#178989

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/153589/400 -bad-request-on-creating-issue-using-rest-api

4 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 6, 2017

We are working through this issue now to get a better experience and hopefully preserve some more of this content.

0 votes
Blake April 5, 2017

Thanks Sam, I didn't realize there was a separate developer community.

Perhaps they could consider putting a notice on the Community landing page (or at the very least, a link) since that's where most developers end up when Googling questions now. 

I appreciate your help!

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017
0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

Hi Blake - on number 2, i think those redirects are broken because they are development related questions, which Atlassian decided not to migrate into the community from Atlassian Answers.

This doesn't really help, I know. But at least explains why. There's an article explaining some more here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events