Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I opt out of earning badges

Rhys February 21, 2022

What is this earning badge nonsense about?  How do I opt out?  This is for kids, not professionals who use Atlassian products for their business.

3 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022

Hey @Rhys ,

If you are talking about the badges on the community platform I don't believe you can.

However, it's just part of some gamification that will help/entice people on providing community support. Even from a businness perspective I don't see any harm in it.

Like # people like this
Rhys February 21, 2022

Thanks for your reply Dirk.  I was more worried about the random notifications, rather than the badges themselves, because I was in the middle of doing something important for work and kept getting these annoying and distracting notifications turning up.  I was able to turn off the notifications, so that fixed the main issue.  It is still a bit strange to me that we can't opt out though.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022
Like # people like this
Rhys February 21, 2022

Thanks Nic, it was your link above that helped me turn off the notifications

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2022

Glad to help a bit, sorry I can't do more than just help turn off the emails.

Alison Frane February 21, 2022

I am still annoyed by the whole "notification bell" icon in the upper-right. It's constantly trying to tell me I've "earned new badges!" and won't go away until I go look at them. What a waste of time! Yes, I have figured out how to turn off the email notifications about them, at least.

Like Rhys likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events