COMMUNITY CHAMPION

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2019

What are the benefits of being community champion.
Can it help us to become part of atlassian team or can we earn money?

9 comments

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2019

I think there are no real benefits.

Ist only to see how active you are in this community Forum. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/How-to-earn-badges-on-the-Atlassian-Community/ba-p/729801

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

You can read about the benefits of being a champion in this article, How to become an Atlassian Community Champion.

From a personal experience I find being a champion useful to keep my knowledge of the tools up-to-date by helping out the Atlassian Community.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

Benefits for me are at the personal level. If you enjoy working with or helping others that is great. Also, it helps keep me on my toes and learning. There is swag that comes at times which is certainly appreciated.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2019

@Jamil Rahimov Hi, Jamil! I'll let the folks who are in the program share their own takeaways, but the idea is that our most knowledgeable and enthusiastic community members spend their time here answering questions, starting discussions and writing articles about Atlassian products and adjacent topics. In return, they enjoy discounts on trainings, Champions-only spaces and access to the Atlassian team. 😄

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2019

I find a ton of value from being a champion! I feel like part of the "inner circle". I'm able to connect with others who are as passionate as I am about this product. Let's not even go into all the cool stuff they send me - I wear my Trello and Atlassian swag with great pride. :) It's also a great way to learn more about the product.

I also really believe if you are excited about a company (especially one that gives as much away as Trello does),  it's a great way to support them. I genuinely care about the product so much that I don't really find it to be extra "work"... i just get more ways to talk about Trello :)

Like # people like this
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2019

There are lot of benefits of being a community champion. Of-course things like Atlassian swag are there, but there are numerous other things which give you recognition for your work as community champion.

• Free tickets to the summit
  • Community dinner and workshop at the Summit along with chance to interact with C-level Atlassian executives at the dinner
  • Front seats at all the summit keynotes
  • Professional growth - This is a key benefit of being a community champion. As lot of new opportunities open up once you get recognized for your work on the community.

I will give you my personal example. I started working in 2008 as full time Java dev and was spending some time in setting up Atlassian tools for my team in my free time. 

Then, in 2013 I started working full time as an Atlassian consultant and I immediately started liking my choice because I could help people with Atlassian adoption and also leverage my knowledge of Agile and Java for better customization of the tools. 

Somewhere around 2015 when I wanted to switch jobs I did face some issues because jobs for dedicated Atlassian consultants were far and few but fast forward to 2019, professional opportunities for Atlassian experts have exploded and there is a dearth right now in the market of quality Atlassian consultants hence now is the best time to invest in your Atlassian skills and try to be active on the community.

Being active on the community also gives you the perk of getting to attend conferences and events hosted by Atlassian solution partners.

Like # people like this
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2019

Hey @Jamil Rahimov ,

I definitely support my fellow Champions in their enthuthiasm! Personally, being a Community Champion feels really great as I share my passion with others and try and suggest ideas based on my experience as well as reading very interesting content to make sure I'm always up to date and have a lot of options for each situation I face.

Not to mention we meet great people during events and on the Slack instance we share with the Atlassian team!

It also helped shaping my career especially now that I'm running my own business (learn more here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/Micky-Caritte-s-journey-to-be-a-Certified-Atlassian-Champion/ba-p/712449).

Hope you'll have time and dedication to try and join the program!

Cheers

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2019

I think one of the coolest parts about being a Champion is that I get to know other Champions/Atlassian product experts. I'm the lone Atlassian administrator at my organization and sometimes it nice to be able to ask others for advice on how to do something. Being a Champion has given me that in-road and the connections for that. I also find it personally rewarding when you are able to answer another's question in just the way they were looking for. I think being a Champion has honed my knowledge of Atlassian products because I find I am now consciously looking for ways to know the products better.

Like # people like this
William Pettersson March 27, 2019

I think this is a great opportunity to learn from others and become an expert yourself.  I am new to Atlassian and enjoy reading questions that I have.  Maybe someday to help others. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events