Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Community feature request: highlight keywords in alert emails

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2020

Hi there,

I have several alerts for keywords set up here on the Atlassian Community. This works great and I get a lot of emails that look like this:

email.png

The problem is, I can't really see at first sight whether this email was triggered because of "foo", "bar", or "kappa mappa". Therefore I have to read the whole thing just to figure out that someone used "kappa mappa" in a completely wrong context and that this email is irrelevant to me.

Now, imagine that the relevant keyword was highlighted like this:

email-highlighted.png

In this case I would of course have been able to instantly recognize that this post isn't actually about the kappa mappa that I care so much about, but a completely different kappa mappa that has nothing to do with my kappa mappa.

Jokes aside, it would be awesome if we could get something like this! I just didn't know where to raise a ticket for this, so I decided to post this here (and cheekily tag @Monique vdB). Hope that's okay! :)

Cheers,
Sven

1 comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 12, 2020

@Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_ ha! Thanks for the great suggestion and I will add it to our list. I can see how this would be useful. 

Like # people like this
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2020

Awesome! Thanks! :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events