cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to filter out already read questions

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

As a Community Champion, I'd like to be able to filter out questions I've already read/visited, so that I can easily find new questions I might be able to answer.

Currently, when looking for questions, I end up reading the same questions from the list many times, as I enter a question and return to the list of questions.

1 comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 20, 2017

Hi @Ignacio Pulgar! Can you let me know how you are viewing questions when you are looking for things to answer? I should be able to help you get a more helpful view. 

A screenshot would be helpful as well so I can see exactly what you're looking at. 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Hi Monique!

I'm viewing questions through Chrome web browser, and also from my mobile phone, by loading this URL:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira/ct-p/jira

While it is relatively easy to keep track of the next question I've not read yet if I focus just on this task (specially if I open questions in a new tab with Ctrl + Click), I usually have to swap to a job related task and, when I come back to the list of questions, possibly after refreshing the page, I find myself reading the same question summaries I had previously already read.

That situation is repeated several times along the day, which makes it harder to find questions that are "new" to me, therefore augmenting the effort and time I've got to make in order to continue contributing in the community.

Eventually, the lack of any means for filtering out already visited questions, ends with this thought "Ok, that's enough for today", specially when there are blocks of consecutive questions you have already read and you have to change to a new page in order to continue looking for new questions.

So, multiple visits to the list of issues could be much more efficient if there where a checkbox on the top titled 'only unread', or something the like that, enabling to refresh the first page with the list of the 25 most recent questions I've not read yet.

A different approach that would also work for me would be adding the ability to hide questions (ie: on clicking on a cross icon [X] on the right side of every question) from the list.

This is a screenshot of the list of issues I'm referring to:

question-list.png

Thanks for reading and best regards!

Ignacio

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 21, 2017

Thanks for the details of your use case, @Ignacio Pulgar! We will add this suggestion to our backlog -- something like a read/unread filter may be possible.

In the meantime, a couple of suggestions:

1) You can use an RSS reader to view all Jira questions using this link. A reader like Feedly will remove the question from your list once you've read it. (There are also RSS feeds for discussions and articles, click "Watch" on the collection page to get these links.) 

2) You can use the "unanswered questions in Jira" view -- this will only show questions that have not had any responses; once you respond, the question will disappear from this list. 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2017

Hi Monique!

Thank you for the suggestions.

The feed stuff rocks! Despite of the fact that I loose some info, (whether or not the question already has an accepted answer) it is a quite good workaround for my needs.

Good to hear that you've included the [un]read filter to your backlog :)

By the way, the Unanswered filter could also be helpful in the 'All' tab, as most of the entries are Questions.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events