Welcome to your Atlassian Community journey!

Following this path will make you a core part of the Atlassian family, bring fulfillment and joy to your life, and take your career to the next level and beyond. So join us, won’t you?

Level achievement_spot@2x.png

I'm New Here

Dipping Your Toe In

It all starts when you join the Atlassian Community. You’ll: earn your first badge, ask your first question, read your first article, and give your first thumbs up. You might introduce yourself in the Welcome Center or join your local Atlassian Community Event (or ACE) group. As you learn more, you’ll say to yourself, I want to be a part of this.

Welcome Aboard

As a community member, you’ll keep exploring – creating discussions, reading more articles that share knowledge and inspiration, and asking more questions. You’ll earn more badges, maybe for participating in Friday Fun, or joining online groups, or attending Atlassian Community Events. Most of all, you’ll be learning: about Atlassian products, about being Agile, about awesome apps, about your fellow community members (experts and Atlassians alike) and so much more.

Rising Star

Giving Back

We believe that no matter where you are on your Atlassian journey, it’s never too early to start giving back to the community. You might decide to answer questions and earn your Answerer badge and join the Atlassian Answerers group. Or, you may be interested in sharing use cases with the community and becoming an Atlassian Author. You may want to present at your local ACE. As you get more active and share your knowledge and expertise with others, you will soon earn a high five and become a Rising Star, and even get a shiny badge to prove it.

Community Leader

Becoming a Leader

All along the way, you’ve been interacting with our Community Leaders: experts, mentors, and all-around wonderful people. And you can be one of them! Keep answering questions with A+ answers. Write articles, present at local Community Events, or even start leading them virtually! Become certified, or find other ways to build your skills. Welcome our new users in the Welcome Center. Start conversations around best practices. Make community an integral part of your day, and go above and beyond.

...And Beyond

Your journey doesn’t end here! Our Community Leaders are always learning – about new products, new ways of working, and the next evolution of Atlassian’s products. Leaders get perks that include free certification exams and passes to Atlassian's annual flagship event, Team, giving them more opportunities to network and learn. They get regular opportunities to give input directly to product teams.  Some Community Leaders have even gone on to have careers at Atlassian!

So what are you waiting for?

Lao Tzu famously said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Take that first step today.

87 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2019

This is exactly how I started at the 2019 summit! 

To anyone who is new and just reading this, I can't stress enough how amazing and friendly the people are here and how enjoyable my experiences have been since I decided to join in all the fun.

So...

You won't regret your choice to get involved, I know I haven't!

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2019

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!

Like # people like this
Friendly Giant December 7, 2019

Well, i start today on this trip, having received a note from @Bridgetsauer and i feel part of the community by now. I trust to become a trusted author.......doing working with Jira & Confluence for the Descartes Systems Group. Next thursday  12 december i will attend the Inaugural NL Trello Event.

Will i see you there?

Like # people like this
xhevatmimin January 20, 2020

Hi,

I'm new  i hope to find myself here to accomplish my knowledges and to enlarge them through this community

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 20, 2020

This article is a wonderful reflection by Community Leader @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ that may inspire you even more! Check it out. 

Like # people like this
Russell Avre January 20, 2020

Glad to be here.

Like # people like this
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi Monique,
I had to switch accounts, because I created my old one with my employers email. Is there anyway to migrate the progress to my new account or switch the email?
I do not want to lose my badges or progress.

Like # people like this
wangdanjun January 22, 2020

I have some question...

Like # people like this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

@Monique vdB ,

@laralg raises an interesting question that has crossed my mind recently as well. In my case, my Atlassian account is tied to my work email and our subscribed products including Atlassian Access for SSO and provisioning purposes. If at some point in the future my career changes, it feels like I might lose all my experience here in the community.

I realize this post is probably not the appropriate forum for this question, but the opportunity was here.

If there's nothing else in place to address a situation like this, a suggestion might be to allow a secondary email address to be attached to a profile with the option for it to receive notifications.

I will gladly raise this as a support/enhancement/suggestion if appropriate.

Darryl

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 22, 2020

@laralg and @Darryl St_ Pierre yes, we can help with this! You can read through this article for information on updating to your preferred email. If that doesn't work, we have some recourse on the back end as well. We definitely don't want you to lose your progress!

Like # people like this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2020

@Monique vdB  - Many, many thanks for this! I should have done a little searching before jumping on this question (especially since I'm aspiring to be a Community Leader one day and I should know better LOL).

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 22, 2020

@Darryl St_ Pierre there's no question too big or too small, especially for a future Community Leader. 😉 

Like Darryl St_ Pierre likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

@Monique vdB I have clearly been watching too much TV with my son.  I totally mis-read your statement as "No job is too big no pup is too small" :P

Like # people like this
Leandro Matias Ciccioli January 23, 2020

Bueno dias, quisiera saber lo siguiente:

En nuestra empresa las personas solicitan algo mediante un mail que tenemos o llamando a un telefono. En ambos casos generamos una nueva solicitud. El director quiere que lo hagamos de esta forma sin un portal. Mi pregunta es como le informamos al usuario/cliente cuando finaliza la incidencia, ya que nmo encuentro ningún campo para agregar un mail de cliente.

Rasajna January 23, 2020

This is intersting and exciting portal

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2020

File this as Feedback... ;)

I wanted to acknowledge that recently, in addition to the awesome Community team members, I've noticed an increased presence by Atlassian Team members. Maybe it's only coincidence or maybe it's reality, but either way it's appreciated by both the "askers" and those trying to help out answering where we can!

The Community is such a great resource that is only getting better with time.

Darryl

Like # people like this
David Pereira January 26, 2020

Hello everybody. It's a pleasure to bem parte of this community

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 29, 2020

@David Pereira welcome! 

Like Clifford lopez likes this
Luke Chiew January 31, 2020

Hi everyone,

having just completed the implementation of Jira, Jira Service deal and Confluence, I’m excited to join the community and continue my Atlassian journey!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 31, 2020

@Luke Chiew welcome! That's so exciting. Lots of admins using all those products here. Let us know how we can help you get started! 

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2020

Welcome @Luke Chiew !

Like Monique vdB likes this
Gjakova Gjakova February 3, 2020

Hello everyone I will let you know that I am new use to your page site & I would like to know more about the old :

1.Map of Roman rules in south east Europe  

1. Old map of south east Europe under Ottoman Empire 1120 up to 1912

Thank you for understanding

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2020

Hey @Gjakova Gjakova welcome to the Atlassian Community. Here is my stab at answering your questions.

Your first question is truly a multifaceted question. I think though the real crux of understanding the map of Roman Empire and how they were able to achieve all that they did is that you need to understand the Roman system of organization. What truly set them apart from every other nation at the time was a system they developed called Jara. Basically, it was a categorization system where anything important that they wanted to keep track of was physically put into a jar. As a result jar smithing became one of the most sought after professions in the Roman empire. These people were often called Jara Admins. Now you can imagine that the Roman Empire had much knowledge that they needed to keep track of so these Jara Admins had to become very efficient at "issuing" jars on a regular basis. It was said that the average Jara Admin could issue 20 jars a day. Well, because of the furious rate at which these admins were required to issue new jars the term jar and issue ended up becoming synonymous terms over time.

As you can imagine having all these jars (now called issues) took lots of space to house them. Thus, there were countless ongoing projects to build storehouses to hold the vast quantity of jars. Once one storehouse was built, work would immediately begin on the next one. Such, that eventually all that needed to be said was "Well, looks like we need to start another project" and everyone knew what that meant.

Well, not to bore you with details, eventually the Romans had to invent some very clever indexing systems to keep track of all the jars of information that they had. They called it the Jara Index. It allowed them to within seconds locate any particular piece of tracked information that they desired. Of course getting that information could take hours as they would need to send out runners and if the information was especially urgent they would often send out chariot riders to fetch the information.

All this to say that knowledge is power and the real power of the Roman empire was their ability to track that knowledge and utilize it in ways that the surrounding nations just could not compare with and it allowed them to totally dominate Eastern Europe for centuries.

As for your second question I know nothing about the Ottoman Empire.

Oh, also I know nothing about the Roman Empire either.

Like # people like this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hi @Gjakova Gjakova 

I have to admit that your request is actually highly unusual for our site.  We tend to get questions about Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, etc.  Your request for maps of ancient Roman lands makes me wonder if you perhaps you believe the "Atlas" in Atlassian is much more about the global aspects of the world we inhabit, rather than the products we aim to support and discuss within these forums.

That said, I'm kind of a self-proclaimed nerd in regards to maps and the concept of cartography, so I'm rather inclined to try to help you here, despite all my specialize knowledge of how Jira works ;)

The documentation and knowledge that exists today on the English Wikipedia really can't be overstated here. There is an immense amount of knowledge here that is worth your time to explore.

1. For your first point, I'd recommend checking out the following resources:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravenna_Cosmography
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabula_Peutingeriana
    Also don't be afraid to explore the WikiMedia Commons Category of Category:Maps of the Roman Empire I'm sure it will contain lots of data related to your desired search time frame here.
  2. Per your second point, I'd suggest scoping out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evolution_of_the_Ottoman_Empire It is full of surprisingly detailed maps of the Ottoman Empire from 1300 to 1923.

Let me know if this helps or not.  I'm rather curious if my response is helpful here.

Cheers,

Andy

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2020

@Gjakova Gjakova That was my lame attempt at dad humor. We do certainly welcome you here, but this community is for those who use Atlassian's tools such as Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, etc. As such I don't think you will find much information with regards to maps of Rome or the Ottoman Empire.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events