Welcome to your Atlassian Community journey!

87 comments

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2020

Hi @Gjakova Gjakova - interesting questions you asked that got me heading to google to research the Roman and Ottoman empires. I appreciate @Davin Studer 's response related to the Roman Empire and the history of the Jara Admins (now known as Jira after the term experienced evolution) :)

Wikipedia has a detailed summary of the Territorial evolution which spans seven centuries, however I noticed some of the factual accuracy is being disputed. Also, the wikipedia timeline starts at 1300 so there is a gap from the dates you were asking about (1120-1300). There is reference to 1073, where the Beyliks sought an opportunity to override the Seljuk authority and declare their own sovereignty openly following the victory of the Seljuk Sultanate of Rum over the Byzantines at the Battle of Manzikert. 

After writing this I just noticed @Andy Heinzer 's detailed response to you, and he has several other resources that he recommends. Thanks for getting my vacation brain into high gear with these unique and challenging questions :)

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

The British drive on the "other" side of the road because the Romans were the pioneers of the road systems there.
The Romans would ride their chariots on the left side so that they could (predominantly) fight with their swords and spears using their right hand.
#FunFact

Like # people like this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2020

I LOVE that this very non-Atlassian question is getting the attentive responses here!!

This community is AWESOME!

Like Emily Koch likes this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

@Davin Studer That answer made my day.

Like Davin Studer likes this
iqbal.dhurnal1 February 6, 2020

Thanks indeed.It looks,I am at the Right Place.Hope I will be an active member here.

Gjakova Gjakova February 10, 2020

Hello,community atlassian.com

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2020

@Monique vdB , a question - at the beginning of the month I emailed a request to have my account associated to a different email address. It's very much NOT a rush, but I'm wondering what the expected turnaround time is for these types of requests.

Initially I held off on continued participation for fear of losing content associated to me. I've since changed that mindset and am contributing what I can when time permits figuring whatever will be will be.

I guess I'm just wondering if the request even made it to where it's supposed to be, and when I might keep an eye out for the changeover. (I did follow the process you linked in an earlier comment on 1/22).

Darryl

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 21, 2020

@Darryl St_ Pierre it's a long and irritating process but I will follow up with Erica Moss, who is working on this! And who for some reason I can't mention. 

Like # people like this
Evette Erasmus February 25, 2020

To first steps....here goes..

Gjakova Gjakova March 2, 2020

Hello  Atlassian Community...I’ll be glad if you can show me :

Ancient Roman Empire,Byzantine &

Ottoman Empire .

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2020

@Monique vdB, as they say in the Twitterverse, you have some clout! Thank you for following up, and thanks to @Erica Moss for getting me settled.

Coincidentally, I was accepted as a new Community Leader in the midst of the changeover, which made it that much more interesting :)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 2, 2020

@Darryl St_ Pierre woo hoo, look at that shiny lozenge next to your name! Welcome to the team! And I think the underscore is what threw me off trying to mention @Erica Moss Who is a superhero. ⭐️

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2020

Congratulations @Darryl St_ Pierre

Like # people like this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2020

Thank you @Emily Koch !

I'm going to spend a lot of time initially trying not to measure myself against some of the Community giants I've been running across, but I really am honored to be a part of this family and contribute what I can.

Like # people like this
Marilo Meta March 3, 2020

Hello all, I'm new here and I adore this gamification, keeping us motivated by earning badges and keeping us connected, sharing information whole over the world!

Like # people like this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2020

@Marilo Meta Welcome! You will find a lot of fun and a lot of information here in the Atlassian Community. Lots of interesting groups and great people too!

Like # people like this
sherif_said_Abdo March 4, 2020

welcome thankyou

Like xhevatmimin likes this
sao nanda aung March 11, 2020

It looks good

Like Clifford lopez likes this
koko March 17, 2020

Awesome introduction to the community,  its values and essence.  I have been using Jira on many projects but figuring out everything  on your own slows the pace of delivery and its predictability which is not agile.  I embrace this community  with an open arm and will gladly share my experiences  to build a robust community for a better project management. 

Abdul_Waheed_Khan April 11, 2020

It's very interesting i'll try my best to get better position in the community

i like it very much

Its too much beneficial for individual working from home

I think most of people who want to generate their income may participate with the community.

And finally I love to work with the community

Like # people like this

In these days the world is suffering with critical situation due to spread of pendamic corona Virus and nobody knows for the future situation of the globe so we should make something for the future

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events