Rising Star badge now live!

We have not one but two new badges launching tomorrow! 🎉🥳

Rising Star@2x.png

Firstly, the Rising Star badge. This is a badge that helps light your path to Community Leadershipyness. If you have provided answers, gotten some accepted, and earned your high-five along the way, keep going and you will become a Rising Star.

We encourage all Rising Stars to keep up the amazing work and consider applying for the Community Leader program in the future!

Note that this badge is retroactive, so all our existing Community Leaders will get it too, in commemoration of their Rising Star days. 🌟

Friyay@2x.png

Secondly, the Fri-yay! badge, featuring our community kitty who I’m sure is hanging out and playing with Taco wherever community mascots live.

This one encourages you to participate in at least 10 new Friday Fun threads. You can start with this week's double Friday fun from Jodi; this and all future Friday Fun threads will count towards the badge from now until forever!

There’s only one catch, which is that you will also have to earn the Friday Funmaker badge to collect the set, so sign up if you haven't already!  

Thanks, and happy badge-hunting!

97 comments

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2019

YAY! I love new badges! Taco needed a friend!

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2019

Rising Star Badge Yay!! I want one.

When will be they applied to profiles, and also my last month performance will taken in account or this is 1 September onward?

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2019

Love these new badges so much!! :)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 31, 2019

@DPKJ  Fri-yay! will not be retroactive, but Rising Star will be retroactive so all your previous efforts will count.  😉

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2019

Yeah - that's awesome - love the idea of the badges. 

lets go start GIF

Like # people like this
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2019

Yay, feels good!

Like HAKEEM likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

Looking forward to these badges! 

Like # people like this
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

Amazing, I have to have both badges too!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

Amazing!  I need all the badges!

giphy

Like # people like this
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

That's awesome! Looking forward to these badges :)

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2019

Let's collect a new badges :)

Like # people like this
Maciej Neumann September 5, 2019

Great idea for badges and nice graphics (especially "Fri-yay")!

I love how gamification has settled down in the online forums. Maybe, from the outside, it's just a badge, but it gives you a little boost, that motivates you to start to be even more active. 

Like # people like this
Deleted user September 16, 2019

Great idea for the Rising Star badge and who doesn't want something that cheers them on like YAY!

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2019

Looks like no more Friday Funmaker spots available :(

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2019

Creative new badges :_)   i got one  on my profile , will keep pushing to be a  community leader

to all answerers  keep on the great work, and thanks to Atlassian  for the appreciation 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 8, 2019

@Dharma Ramos there are spots available! You can sign up here

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

@Monique vdB , can I get that snazzy retroactive Rising Star badge? :)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 17, 2019

what.gif

@Jeff Tillett it's automated, theoretically --  I'm not sure why it hasn't shown up since you meet all the qualifications! Have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in again? 🤷🏻‍♀️

For real though, I will dig into this.

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2019

Thanks @Monique vdB !

Mihai Muresan October 21, 2019

Awesome tips

Frank Tanneberger October 31, 2019

Yeah - be on my way. Let's earning some ne badges 😄

Like emmanuelpeter866 likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2019

Hi @Monique vdB I completed the 10+ Fri-yay requirements for the community kitty badge :)

Sept 30 - beach reads and personality (double Friday)
Sept 6 - be when you grow up
Sept 13 - bring to moon
Sept 20- celebrate teams
Sept 27 - unique personality trait
Oct 4 - branding colour logo
Oct 11 - favourite folk fest
Oct 18 - favourite board game
Oct 25 - fitness mantra
Nov 1 - zombie apocalypse

I wasn't sure if it was automatic or if you needed us to keep track and let you know when we completed :)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc either your question prompted a look at a number of people's profiles or I simply got the badge automatically.  I can't believe it's been ~10 weeks since the badge was launched!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2019

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon I completely agree! I love participating in Friday-Fun, the adorable community cat badge was a nice bonus - a friend for Taco! :)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 3, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc yes, it is automatic and it has been 10 weeks! So all our faithful Friday Funners should have theirs. Such a cute one.

I think you'll love the next one too.... 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events