Random Acts of February

RAC.png

Hello friends! It's been a minute since we celebrated some Random Acts of Community, so let's make it happen.

Firstly, you may have (but hopefully not) noticed a spam message or two in your community travels.  One of the unheralded tasks of our Atlassian Community Leaders is to help us moderate spam.  One of the most important things they do is check our queue of moderated content to make sure nothing legitimate has fallen into the spam trap.

I dug into the metrics, and the person who did this the most in February was our own @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-! Nic already has the Random Acts badge, but he deserves a shoutout anyway for doing this helpful work to make sure all our users can post their content. Thank you Nic! <3 

Our second winner this month was nominated by Community Leader @Kat Warner and it is none other than @Darryl Lee! Darryl posted this really cool way to self-serve your community content. Random, useful, and creative, definitely worthy of this exclusive little badge.  Congratulations, Darryl! 

Next, we have @Dirk Ronsmans, nominated by fellow leader @Liam Green for going above and beyond in being helpful and responsive. When I asked him for an example of a thread where Dirk did that, he sent me a bunch of them! Here is just one example of Dirk going back and forth with a user until his issue is completely solved.  Thank you for truly going above and beyond, Dirk.

And last but not least, we have @Dave Liao who has stepped up along with @Mandy Ross and @Grace Chang  to run the Enterprise group on community. This graph shows activity in the group before Dave took over, and afterwards.  I think it speaks for itself, don't you? If you work for an enterprise, definitely go check out the amazing content there!

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 2.26.48 PM.png

That's all for now, but my inbox is always open for nominations. You can reach me at communitymanagers@atlassian.com. 

Happy March!

12 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

@Monique vdB - thanks for the recognition! I've been meaning to contribute to the group, and now that I'm part of this Community (officially), I appreciate that little extra bit of encouragement.

Congrats to the whole team for doing what we do - whether or not we're paid to do so, it's obvious that we're all delivering with a high level of quality. 💪

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 1, 2021

@Dave Liao thanks for being our group leader! You inspire us every day! Also want to give props to @Clark Everson for being an active part of that group as well! Can't wait to see the content you all deliver in March! 

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

Does anyone remember a time when @Dave Liao, @Dirk Ronsmans, and @Liam Green weren't a part of the Leader fam? Yeah, me neither.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

@Erica Moss - in five months it'll be two years since we met! Ahh, in the Before Times... 😂

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

Yay!  I had no idea that I was dipping into the quarantine and pulling out genuine non-spam questions that much!

Like # people like this
Grace Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2021

@Dave Liao is a rockstar!! 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

@Grace Chang - takes a rockstar to know one!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

Thank you @Monique vdB and @Liam Green !

Consider me humbled, this is one of those things I would never have expected to receive :) but proud to be recognized!

@Erica Moss how do you mean? We're such low profile, introvert and quiet people :D

@Dave Liao congrats! While I don't understand half the concepts you talk about I somehow always end up reading it anyway!

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2021

Great! Congrats everyone!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021
Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021

Thanks everyone - honored to be in such esteemed company.

Regarding my little idea...

I wonder if Atlassian could ask (as a customer) if Khoros could provide more useful metadata that I was talking about, like the Timestamps, Tags, Products, etc of all of our posts.

As mentioned previously, I've posted on Khoros developer forums, but... that didn't seem to go anywhere.

Ah, I found another of their forums. Perhaps I'll try there. :-}

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021

Congrats Everyone!

These are very well deserved!

Like Dave Liao likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events