November monthly challenge badge is now live!

Challenge_2018_11@2x.png

Ready for another challenge? This month we're challenging you to share your knowledge and answer questions. We're calling it Knowvember! (And by we, I mean me. You can blame me.)

To earn this badge, answer 20 questions during the month of November. The daily cap is two, which means that you'll get credit for the first two answers you post every day. You'll have to keep coming back to answer more!

What's the easiest way to find questions you can answer? I'm glad you asked!

Go to the homepage and find your community feed.

In the first column, under Collection, choose the product or products that you're interested in. (Pro tip: We have collections like New to Jira and New to Confluence if you're interested in beginner-level questions.) 

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 3.48.44 PM.png

In the second column, which lets you select content types, select Questions. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 3.44.54 PM.png

In the third column, you can sort questions however you like. Most recent can be useful!

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 3.45.22 PM.png

In the fourth column, you can narrow down your search. Solved means someone has already solved the issue and an answer has been accepted. Unsolved means no answer has been accepted -- but the question might have been answered anyway. No replies means nobody has responded or tried to answer this question! Could you be the hero the OP has been waiting for?

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 3.51.08 PM.png

I hope this primer has been useful as you sally forth into Knowvember. And if you're looking for some best practices on giving an A+ answer, check out @Thomas Schlegel's helpful guide. Share your knowledge with the community this month, and have fun!

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Tips on how to write a great answer? Leave them in the comments.

6 comments

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 31, 2018

Oooh - this is a tricky one. Thanks for the challenge.

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2018

Join the community and let us start working hard to answer questions!

Like # people like this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2018

Do my answers need to be "accepted" for them to count? 

Like Monique vdB likes this
Judi Bola 2019 Gobet889 November 6, 2018

ok I will try my best to answers

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 8, 2018

@Scott Theus they do not!

Like # people like this
Vineeta Srivastava November 14, 2018

trying to take the challenge

Like Kat Warner likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events