Introducing Point A, Atlassian's program for bringing new products to life – Join us on the journey!

Today we’re introducing Point A: Atlassian’s new program that connects early adopters (like YOU) with our newest products powering the future of teamwork. Every great journey starts at Point A.

Over the last year, we’ve put together an internal program that enables Atlassians from all corners of the company to team up to bring great ideas to life by providing a repeatable process, a standard set of tools, and clarity on how to tap into supporting teams. Basically, we created our own framework to bring new ideas to market via rapid iteration and incremental investment.

One year in, with 35 product ideas under our belts – we’re excited to share a handful of the new products in their early stages with our customers under the Point A program!

Today, you can join the Point A program as an early adopter and try our two beta products: Jira Work Management & Team Central. Or you can join the waitlist for our pre-beta products: Jira Product Discovery and Compass.

By joining Point A, your team can capture the value of Atlassian’s newest technology before anyone else. Work with founding teams and get insider knowledge, provide critical feedback, and shape the tools that will change the future of teamwork.

This is only the beginning. In May, we'll be kicking off the process with our next cohort of new ideas and founding teams. We hope you’ll give our first batch of new products a try today! We’ll be sure to keep you informed when the next cohort is ready.

You can join the Community groups for Point A products here to ask questions or give feedback.

21 comments

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Brilliant @Claire Maynard 

Like # people like this
Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2021

Very exciting!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Ooh, shiny! Just joined the JPD (Jira Product Discovery, not Jira Police Department) waiting list!

Like # people like this
John Dunkelberg April 7, 2021

@Claire Maynard  Can you say more about the Jira Work Management effort?  "A way to connect every kind of team" doesn't tell me much about what the value proposition is.  Doesn't Jira already do that? :)

Like Dave Liao likes this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

This is Great News @Claire Maynard 

Like Claire Maynard likes this
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2021

Looking forward to more on JPD and Compass!

Like # people like this
Claire Maynard
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2021

@John Dunkelberg Jira Work Management is a new Jira that's built specifically for business teams (Marketing, HR, Finance, etc) with new views like list, calendar, timeline, and boards. It also includes Forms for easy requests management from other teams. Every type of team in an org can now be on the Jira platform with a flavor of Jira that meets their needs. Having everyone on the same platform will help the cross-functional work across orgs.

You can learn more here on the waitlist page: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/work-management. And if you're attending Team 21 this year (virtually), you will hear a lot more about the evolution of Jira and Jira Work Management. 

Like # people like this
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2021

Congratulations for this great initiative! 

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

@Claire Maynard is Jira Work Management a replacement for Jira Core? Or a separate product?

Claire Maynard
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Esther Strom thanks for your question! Jira Work Management will replace Jira Core. So all users that are using Jira Core today will have Jira Work Management when it's live. 

Like # people like this
John Dunkelberg April 27, 2021

@Claire Maynard from context about the "replace Jira Core" I'd guess this is then a Cloud-only offering?

Claire Maynard
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2021

Hi, @John Dunkelberg yes Jira Work Management is for Cloud-only. 

Like Natalia Li likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Thanks, Claire! That's really good news. We have Core, but don't use it much because it doesn't really offer anything that can't be done with a standard SW project. But the new views are going to be super helpful. Fingers crossed that perhaps some of the views (calendar, especially) will eventually be available in SW projects as well.

Roneal Desai April 28, 2021

Is there any additional detail you can provide on Compass? It wasnt very clear to me from the press release exactly what issue the product was looking to solve. Once I looked into Team Central I thought it seemed like something that would be very useful, so I was excited to hear more about Compass to see if it's something we'd be interested in as well! 

Like Esther Strom likes this
Colin Goudie April 28, 2021

Is there any rough rough estimates when early access for Product Discovery will roll out? We are literally building up and splitting our Agile boards into Discovery and Delivery and I'd hate to do all that work and have to redo it again if something is useable in a month or something?

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

I'm also curious about Compass.

Claire Maynard
Atlassian Team
April 29, 2021

@Roneal Desai @Esther Strom There will be more information shared during today's Team 21 keynote. Be sure to tune in! You can also learn more here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/compass 

@Colin Goudie You can sign up for the waitlist here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/product-discovery/waitlist. The team is slowly adding people to the product. 

Andreas Løseth November 18, 2021

Hi Claire, When can I expect to get early access to Jira Product Discovery Group?

1058914517 November 29, 2021

嗨克莱尔,May I ask if there is more text introduction of Jira Product Discovery? I am very interested in it. Could you please add me to the inner list

Chris Hall
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2021

@Andreas Løseth thanks for reaching out! We are periodically admitting new users from the waitlist. At this time, you should have received an invitation to sign up. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Phill Pafford December 8, 2021

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events