How to earn your Welcome badge

Welcome to Atlassian Community -- we're happy you're here!

🚨 Note: the Kudos program is now open to join!  Log in and click the "Kudos" button at the top right of the screen to join, and unlock many more badges, leaderboards, peer-to-peer recognitions, contests, giveaways, and more! ⭐️

You can earn your first badge with one simple click (hint: Like something) but here's how to earn your shiny Welcome Badge!

welcome.png

Earn this badge today by taking the following actions:

• Update your avatar and bio
  • Post your first comment (for example, introduce yourself!)
  • Give your first like
  • Watch your first collection
  • Come back to the community two days in a row

If you have any questions about how to complete the badge, feel free to post them here. You can also check our FAQ for some of the frequently asked questions about Atlassian Community and this link for more on our badges.

And again, welcome!

442 comments

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2017

Thanks for this post.  I was wondering how that badge was earned!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 22, 2017

You're welcome, @Peter DeWitt! Go forth and earn your confetti sparkles. We will be adding more badges over time as well. :) 

Like # people like this
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

Shinyyyyyy :-) Was wondering how I got it. Does this mean we can expect more badges in the future ;))?

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

Yeah, badges are awesome - more of that gamification stuff, please.

First a badge to you, @Jeremy Mfor the new real-life profile picture 😊

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 29, 2017

@Jeremy M very nice! :) 

And yes, more will be coming. I love badges too. :) 

Like # people like this
Marcia Biggar October 3, 2017

It's all about those stinkin badges!

Like # people like this
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2017

@Thomas SchlegelHehehe :)) What is that board game fair in Essen on your profile? Seems pretty sweet.

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2017

@Jeremy M It's the world's biggest board game convention and it's simply called "Spiel". Doors open in three weeks :)  

Like # people like this
Sally Smart Miller October 6, 2017

just getting started :D

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 6, 2017

Welcome, @Sally Smart Miller! :) 

Like # people like this
pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2017

@Sally Smart Miller, welcome to the Atlassian community.  I hope you like it here!

Like # people like this
Sally Smart Miller October 10, 2017

just getting started.  my environment is not on the internet.  :(

makes it hard to ask questions

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 10, 2017

@Sally Smart Miller let me know if I can help. I can give you a direct link to ask a question for any product you're interested in learning about!

Like # people like this
Jodie Vennitti October 12, 2017

Thanks for the info :)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 13, 2017

No problem @Jodie Vennitti, welcome!

Like # people like this
Joe Tong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

This is great!

Like # people like this
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2017

This is what i was doing wrong.  I better like something :)

Like # people like this
Duncan Muchiri November 21, 2017

Soon. ..

How do you upload an avatar again? ?

Is there a button or link or something? ??

Like # people like this
Deleted user November 25, 2017

where is the badge

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 28, 2017

Hi @[deleted] -- looks like you haven't completed all the items yet. What are you missing?

@Duncan Muchiri, looks like you figured it out but for the future it's View profile > Edit profile. 

Like # people like this
louisdj
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2017

Thanks for this article, a good start for joining the community.

Like # people like this
wkevindavis December 5, 2017

And here is my comment!!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 5, 2017

Well played, @wkevindavis -- but the next badges coming up won't be so easy ;)

Like # people like this
Eric Wersel December 12, 2017

Are badges something that'll be rolled into Confluence?

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 12, 2017

@Eric Wersel I like the idea! No current plans for this, but we have a community Jira if you'd like to submit it as a suggestion.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events