How to earn your Welcome badge

442 comments

Karen O'Keefe January 4, 2019

Thank you!

Like Viktoriya Borisova likes this
Karen O'Keefe January 4, 2019

I've done all this, but don't have the Welcome badge. What did I miss?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 4, 2019

@Karen O'Keefe usually the issue is logging all the way out and then all the way back in. That part is a bit buggy!

Now that we have the Welcome Center, we're going to reboot this badge to make it more straightforward to earn. :) 

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2019

@Karen O'Keefe- the 'bots here miss things, and are sometimes a bit slow to catch up.  @Monique vdB usually manages to catch the ones they miss quite quickly, feels like she checks up on them daily, so expect a badge very soon.

Edit - and there we go - she caught it between my "click to comment" and "typing a comment".

Like # people like this
Karen O'Keefe January 23, 2019

@Monique vdB I haven't received my Welcome badge--and I believe I have done all the things. Can you help me figure out why?

Thanks!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 23, 2019

@Karen O'Keefe hmm! And you tried logging all the way out and back in again? 

Like # people like this
ksv January 24, 2019

Something )

Karen O'Keefe January 24, 2019

@Monique vdB Yes, ma'am!

David Alejandro García January 24, 2019

Hi to All...

Zin January 24, 2019

didnt receive mine as well

Carlos Espeja Mendoza (G2) February 5, 2019

thanks and here is my comment!!!!

Like # people like this
Deleted user February 5, 2019

Thanks for the post! 

Mike Flores February 12, 2019

I'm new to Confluence and lovin' it.

Like # people like this
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2019

lol this was hard...

Like # people like this
Joe Hanson February 13, 2019

Amazing!

Like # people like this
Carol Jones March 4, 2019

It's funny to me that I haven't earned this badge yet.  Love that this month's badge has me looking into others.

@Monique vdB - Random question - Is there a way to look up how long I've been a community member?  My co-workers and I were trying to find that information and aren't having much luck.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
March 4, 2019

Do you know what you're missing yet, Carol? Logging all the way out from your AID and back in again sometimes triggers the badge for people if you've done everything else. 

@Carol Jones looks like you earned your first badge on April 3, 2017, so you've been with us since the beginning! Not sure how long you were a part of Atlassian Answers before that. I bet that info is somewhere. But where?! Hmm...

Like # people like this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2019

Thanks for this post, @Monique van den Berg! -- I've completed these actions (including logging out then back in again) but haven't received the Welcome badge either.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
March 6, 2019

@Brittany Wispell  you're missing the badge too, right?

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2019

@Monique vdB  yes I am! I wasn't sure if there was something that I was missing. 

Sravani Chekuri March 7, 2019

Nice way to keep the users engaged..Loved the idea

Carol Jones March 7, 2019

I had added things within my profile, but not specifically to the bio section.  Once I completed that, the badge came through 🙌 Thanks @Monique vdB

Like # people like this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2019

Thanks for the hint @Carol Jones ! 

@Monique vdB  I now have my welcome badge after updating my Bio section as well! 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
March 7, 2019

Oh, interesting! That's a great tip, @Carol Jones

Glad you both are all badged up :)

Ron _3DIT_ March 8, 2019

Thanks for the hints in getting the "welcome badge" ...

*badger-badger-badger*

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events