Help create the sound of Atlassian šŸŽ¶

Hi Community Friends! šŸ¤©

Weā€™re creating the sound of Atlassian (aka our sonic brand) and need your help! In true Atlassian fashion, weā€™re making this a team effort. Read on if youā€™re interested in contributing your voice, snaps, claps, stomps, or musical talents. Youā€™ll be contributing to Atlassian history. 

šŸŽµ Whatā€™s a sonic brand & why does it matter?

Ever recognize a company from sound alone? Thatā€™s a sonic logo ā€“ just one element of a sonic brand ā€“ youā€™re hearing! Companies like Intel, McDonaldā€™s, and NBC have some of the most well-known sonic logos around.

Atlassian is creating a sonic brand, and we need community members like YOU to truly make it the sound of Atlassian.

šŸ¤š How can I contribute to Atlassianā€™s sonic brand?

Weā€™re sourcing recordings from our community to help create a collaborative sonic brandYou will not be personally identified, but your sound(s) may be woven into our sonic branding.

Wondering how this will all work? You can think of our forthcoming sonic brand as Atlassianā€™s core ā€œsongā€. The sounds we collect from yā€™all will be layered into those songs. More to come on the final product, but for now, follow these steps to contribute (Deadline: SEPT 15):

1ļøāƒ£ Choose one of the following options (or go for both!)

Option 1: VOICE RECORDING šŸ—£

Using your phone, record yourself saying "Atlassian.ā€ [atĀ·laĀ·seeĀ·uhn]

Capture 3 different takes. Count to 2 between each take. Speak naturally, just like youā€™re talking to a friend.

Option 2: SOUND RECORDING šŸ„

Using your phone, record one of the following:

• 5 x Snaps

• 5 x Claps

• 5 x Stomps

• 20 seconds of you playing a single musical instrument

Count to 2 between each snap, clap, or stomp. We want to capture the echo in between each action.

ā­ļø Step-by-step recording instructions

1) Open your phoneā€™s voice recording app:

• iOSUse Voice Memos app (comes w/ phone)
  • AndroidAndroid apps differ, but try Voice Recorder

2) Place your phone microphone (the bottom of phone) 6-12 inches (15-30 centimeters) from your mouth or the object that will make a sound (a bit further if youā€™re clapping or stomping loudly).

3) Press record

4) Record your chosen sound, leaving a gap at the beginning and ending of your recording (and leaving a 2-sec gap in between each take of your takes)

5) Stop recording

6) Name file ā€œSound of Atlassianā€

7) Send file to sonicbrand@atlassian.com:

601829cc-b63d-4318-98fc-34cddc789f9e.png

1) Click ellipse 2) Click Share 3) Email to above address 

2ļøāƒ£ Send your recording to sonicbrand@atlassian.com by September 15th at 5pm PDT.

3ļøāƒ£ Celebrate! You're part of Atlassian brand history. šŸ„³

8e9e0ea8-db60-4cff-97fe-b07a77089625.gif

Questions? Drop us a comment! We can't wait to hear your submissions! šŸ’™

11 comments

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Lovely @shannyshan I just emailed the "Sound of Atlassian šŸŽ¼šŸŽ¶ for both the options". This activity has taken some stress out of me if you believe it or not.

Like ā€¢ # people like this
shannyshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2022

That's great to hear, @G subramanyam ! Thanks so much for participating šŸ™šŸ¼

Andreas Springer (Actonic)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

I love this! I will send in my submission before the deadline if I can. šŸ™ŒšŸ»

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

Submission sent!

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2022

wahooo lovely, great idea, i will try to send mine....

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2022

Sent!

shannyshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2022

Awesome! We can't wait to hear your submissions, @Andreas Springer (Actonic) @Andy Gladstone @vikram @John Funk šŸ™Œ

Like ā€¢ Andy Gladstone likes this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

I know i am very late still submission sent !!

Andreas Springer (Actonic)
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

I didn't make it in time, unfortunately. Really sorry about this. šŸ˜ž

Manisha Pardeshi October 17, 2022

I missed this opportunity . I would love to contribute. Will you still accept it? Is this still a possibility?

Thanks.

Kerli Loopman
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2022

Wow, what an opportunity I missed. Is there any outcomes of it @shannyshan? Would be fun to listen :) 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events