Display your Certifications on the Atlassian Community

Today, we’re rolling out a feature that has been one of our top-requested features since the community launched: the ability to display your Atlassian Certifications and Skills Badges on your profile and hovercard!

On your profile is a new tab called University, and here is where you can manage your connection and see your Atlassian Certifications, Skills Badges and Atlassian Certified Master standings.  

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.20.31 PM.png

Once you connect your account, your certifications will appear on your profile and on hovercards.

Below are instructions from the Atlassian Certification Team on how to link your profile. If you have any questions or problems, let us know in the comments; the team will be standing by to help!

How to connect your account to learner profile service

To make a successful connection to your Atlassian ID, your Atlassian Certification Portal (CertMetrics) account should reflect the same email (in either the Personal or Work email field) as your Atlassian Community account. Otherwise, Learner Profile Service won’t be able to find your Certifications and Skills Badges.

image-20200102-132435.png

Also, be aware that it may take up to 24 hours for learner profile service to get in sync with CertMetrics.

Now, go to the university tab in your community profile. (Click your avatar and View profile). You should see something like this:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.23.03 PM.png

Now click Connect button in Already Certified card. (BTW, you should also be able to connect by clicking Link your account in the right column of your main profile tab (posts):

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.24.39 PM.png

After you clicked either Connect or Link your account, you should be redirected to learner profile service authorization screen:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.25.37 PM.png

Please note, that once you click Accept, there will not be a way to revoke your consent, and data from your Certmetrics account will be publicly available over learner profile APIs.

After accepting, you should be redirected back to your community profile. Now you should be able to see your certifications, standings and badges there.

image-20200102-140507.png

You should also be able to see short stats in the university sidebar widget on the posts tab and in your profile card (just hover over your name in any post):

image-20200102-140927.png

If you connection was successful, but you do not have any certifications, standings or badges, you will see this banner:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.30.39 PM.png

If you do not have Certmetrics account or learner profile service has not synchronized your data, (remember it may take up to 24 hours after accepting) you will see something like this:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.30.46 PM.png

or this error:

“We could not identify your Certification Portal Account. Please log in to https://www.certmetrics.com/atlassian/ to update your Certification Portal account so that either your Personal Email or your Work Email matches your Atlassian Account email.”

After waiting at least 24 hours, if you are still getting this message, let us know!

If, for any reason, you want to hide information about your certifications in the community account, just click Unlink my certifications on the University tab in your profile page.

Although this will not revoke your consent to learner profile service, your certifications now won’t be displayed in your community account.

Thanks for reading! And don't forget, you can also connect your University profile and display product certifications in Community. 

10 comments

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2020

Up to 24 hours but may be instantaneous!

good mythical morning i'm so smart gif | WiffleGif

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2020

Was super easy to link and showed up immediately for me.  Thank you to the Community team for the work to link these together!  This is awesome!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 11, 2020

What a pretty hovercard, Kat!

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.48.40 PM.png

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2020

I wanted to write the following:

I think it's unfortunate that the Atlassian ID and the Certmetrics account have to be the same email address. I guess I'm not the only one using a personal email for my certifications (like you are advised to do when you register) and my work email for my Atlassian ID. 

And then I just tried linking my account and it worked. 😁👍🏻

acp_community.png

That's a really nice addition to the community. 😁I hope it continues to work.

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2020

@Max Foerster - K15t - CertMetrics has us covered by asking for a primary personal email address and having a second email address field for our work email if we work for an Atlassain Partner. That second field is used in other integrations.

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2020

@Monique vdB - any idea when those of us who for whom neither of our Certmetrics email addresses match our Atlassian Community email address, will be able to link in our certification?  Has anyone researched what percentage of the Atlassian Community members fall into this predicament?

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2020

@Kat Warner , thanks for reminding me! It's been a while since I last checked the account! :D 

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2020

Worked easily

2020-05-12 at 1.27 PM.png

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2020

This is an awesome feature add-on. Super easy and display like a charm!

Thanks for posting @Monique vdB and the Atlassian team. 

Like Monique vdB likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2020

I saw this before the post... lol

put the work right away.... 

very nice to show case university part of us! :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events