Community release notes for January 18, 2022

Hello community! We have a release going out today with some new features and fixes.

working.gif

Updated: When browsing on mobile, content that had been liked by others was not showing as having any likes. This has been updated.

Fixed: A bug where email notifications were being delayed if the emails being sent were too large. 

Fixed: There was outdated text in the interface where admins can upload a group cover photo. That has been fixed.

New: “Share” functionality! This was first requested in 2019 by our article authors, and we’re happy to be shipping this longstanding request not just for articles, but for all content.  You can share content to Twitter, LinkedIn, and email, or you can copy a share link. See amazing content? Why not share it!

To share, click the Share button at the bottom of any post and you can share to LinkedIn, Twitter, or email. or copy the link to your clipboard.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 1.56.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 1.41.48 PM.png

Updates: There are quite a few updates in the kudos program. (Request to join here if you’re interested in joining the beta.) A fuller update will be coming soon in our kudos group, but most notably, our kudos search is now updated, and can now handle spaces and special characters.  Also a number of back-end actions have been fixed or updated; keep an eye out for new challenges releasing soon.

That’s all for today; enjoy!

13 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

@Monique vdB - Sharing is caring! As in this post, and the actual "share" button!

I'm not seeing a "Share" image yet on the button... checking the Developer Console in my browser, I see a few GET 404 errors.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Sharing is only caring during the month of December, @Dave Liao ...  Nah, just kidding!

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Monique vdB 

cl.PNG

Cheers

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2022

Loving the new share button! 👏 Thank you.

I wasn't sure where to post this feedback but this looks like closest place I found to do so 🙈

I like to live my life on the edge 😅 so I often write articles directly in the community instead of writing the articles first in docs or anywhere else. It did happen to me a few times that I accidentally went "back" to the previous page while trying to move to another screen on my laptop (Mac users can relate I guess) which lead to the loss of all content I wrote 🥲.

I noticed on other platforms they prompt you to save your changes before allowing you to exit the screen or go back to the previous screen.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2022

Tested this by sharing an article via email to my team this morning, seamless!

Are They Alive GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2022

Thanks for the update @Monique vdB!  Also, thank you to the Community Development team for your continued hard work to make this Community such an awesome experience for members!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 19, 2022

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ yes this is the right place! I will pass along this feedback to the team. In the meantime, I think Simple Form Recovery or a similar extension can solve this for your browser and may be worth installing!

@Dave Liao it took a bit for the image to cache but it should be appearing now! Clear your cache if you still can't see it.

I'll pass along the kudos to the team! @timmy built this if you want to send him kudos kudos on his profile. ;) 

Like # people like this
Biro March 14, 2022

@Monique vdB we embed stuff in some of the posts and seems like lately the iframe width and height get stripped from the rendered post. On both these posts we had width and height setup in editor mode and they're gone. This seems like a recent bug.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Welcome-Center-articles/%EF%B8%8F-Atlassian-News-Roundup-14th-March-2022/ba-p/1971003

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Partner-Webinar-amp-Events-Opportunities-March-2022/ba-p/1959255

Like Saralie S. likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 14, 2022

@Biro here is the workaround! 

FYI, to embed an iframe in a community post, there is a workaround for the width/height. width="560" height="315" type code will be stripped out. instead, you need to use style="width: 560px; height: 315px;
Like # people like this
Biro March 14, 2022

Perfect that worked @Monique vdB Thank you

Ricardo Cerceau June 21, 2022

Great Webnar today: How to Scale Agile Processes Using Jira Align Dependencies

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2022

here my share

twitter_share.JPG

Like # people like this
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2022

I share updates in our Atlassian community teams channel around once a week - 

sharing-badge.png

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events