Atlassian Recommended Answer

Hello community! Today we’re releasing a feature called Atlassian Recommended Answer. This will be used by our community support team to help keep our most visible and highly trafficked content useful and up-to-date.

This will float a copy of the "recommended" answer to the top of the answers and add a blue checkmark when browsing.

What does this look like?

You can see the feature in action here. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 2.15.48 PM.png

Why do we need this?

As you may know, the Atlassian Community gets a huge number of pageviews, with millions of visits per month. Part of keeping our community content useful is cleaning up old content and making certain we have up-to-date, clear answers for our users!

How can I use this?

You can filter content on the homepage or on your profile by Recommended.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 2.17.25 PM.png

Will there be badges for this?

This is something we will be using sparingly and thoughtfully, only on highly trafficked content. This will be much less frequently used than our Accepted Answers, and as such there won’t be badges for this.

How can I help?

Disagree with an Atlassian Recommendation? Find a thread where an Atlassian Recommendation is needed? For now, please use the “Report to moderators” drop-down. Once we get a sense of how often content is being reported, we will revisit this to see if a better process is needed.

Special thanks

Thank you to our Community Advisory Board, who took an initial look at this feature and pointed out some accessibility concerns with the design. As a result, we’ve upped the contrast and made sure to have accurate tooltips. If you have issues differentiating between Solved and Recommended, please let us know!

3 comments

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2020

Looks interesting. Is there an RSS feed for all the Recommended posts?

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Thanks @Monique vdB! This sounds really cool!  I also echo @Matt Doar's question that could be helpful.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2020

Awesome, have been excited about the arrival of this feature. I think it will add a lot of credibility to the Community.

Like Liam Green likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events