Atlassian Community known issues and changes

44 comments

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 25, 2017

Emails are now working for Nic after a DNS change overnight (my time). This seems like an excellent sign! Are they working for everyone else?

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2017

Woohoo! #12 should now be fixed!

Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

Yes, emails are working... this is how I got here :-)

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

I am likewise getting emails as of today - many thanks for addressing this major impediment for active participation :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 25, 2017

YAY, SEBASTIEN AND STEFFEN!

Honestly I am overjoyed that this is finally fixed.

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2017

Is the option to watch or subscribe a tag on the backlog? I'm really looking forward to this since I want to make sure I don't miss new posts on certain subjects.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 6, 2017

Maarten -- the ability to subscribe to a search (which includes tags) is at the top of our list right now and should be released soon. Keep an eye on the release notes and I'll let you know when it's shipped.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

I've noticed that a lot, if not most, of the code macros from the Atlassian Answers site that had html/xml in them were messed up on import. Below is an example post.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Create-dynamic-link-in-a-macro-to-Confluence-content-in-another/qaq-p/522706

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2017

Is there anything that can be done to fix the import issues for the old code macros from the Answers site? All the data is XML encoded, so any HTML/XML shows up like ...

<div>foo</div>

instead of ...

<div>foo</div>

Here is an example.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Create-dynamic-link-in-a-macro-to-Confluence-content-in-another/qaq-p/522706

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2017

@Davin Studer Thanks for bringing this up to our attention! I've created a ticket in our internal JIRA to track this.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2017

@Test User KL - great, what's the ticket number?

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
September 26, 2017

@JamieA@Davin Studer, please track this issue on the public Community Jira: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/COMMUNITY-90

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2017

Awesome! Glad there is a public JIRA project for the Community now. 

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2017

I see the email issue is supposed to be fixed but I get zero emails from any questions and I have verified all email settings.

I get other emails from Atlassian just not these.

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2017

Hi @Monique vdB - For #12 above "Some users are reporting that they are not getting community emails..."  I'm seeing this issue again.  I'm not getting emails for "likes" and comments on an article I recently published.  For reference it's here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Atlassian-Customer-ShipIT-Creates-Dynamic-Jira-Map/ba-p/653080

I certainly don't need an email for every "like", and I'm sure the new "Activity Feed" feature aims to reduce emails, but it would still be useful to receive emails when people comment or ask questions (on posts of any kind).

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
October 17, 2017

@Rachel Wright, we're aware of the email issue and getting it fixed is our #1 priority. - please track and add comments here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/COMMUNITY-136

Tracey Chavers July 6, 2018

Hi

Where do we provide feedback about the new look of jira?

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2018

@Tracey Chavers You can provide feedback by clicking on your profile image in the bottom blue bar and clicking 'Give feedback' then selecting 'Look & feel' for your reason. See attached image for clarity: 

give-feedback.png

Emni Petro August 19, 2018

I can confirm this is 100% a Gmail issue. Gmail's URL format changed with the new update. The web version updated the code to automatically resolve old links.  Both the iOS and Android Gmail apps have yet to be updated to redirect links properly to Gmail account recovery process. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events