Answerer challenge badge now live!

No matter where you are on your Atlassian journey, we bet you know enough to answer a question or two. And all you need to do to earn the Answerer badge is to answer a couple of questions!

Answerer@2x.png

Here are some handy resources:

The Community Leaders guide to A+ answers

A feed of all unanswered questions

Mythbusters: I'm too new to contribute

If you’d like to get more specific, your homepage feed is your best friend! There, you can select “Questions” and “Has no replies” to get a feed of unanswered questions, and check the products you’re interested in to get only questions about those products. You can even enter “cloud” or “server” tags to narrow it down further. The community will remember your preferences anytime you log in.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 2.01.54 PM.png

And what comes next?

When you have earned that, keep answering questions. Once you start getting your answers accepted, you might just get a high five from the community on your path to becoming a Rising Star!

Rising Star@2x.png

And someday, even a Community Leader. 🏆

It all starts with the desire to share your knowledge and expertise with the community. So why not start now?

follow the ybr.gif

Any questions or suggestions, let me know in the comments. And thank you, as always, for being here.

48 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

@Monique vdB this is great a new month and a new badge to earn.  I better find some questions to answer!

giphy

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

Yay!

Please, everyone strive for this.  There are so many superb answers in the community, I have (almost) stopped asking questions. 

But things change, and, to be completely selfish, I don't want to fall behind the changes, so I rely on other people's answers a lot.  And although I know some answers get no useful response or feedback, I am increasingly going to (potential) clients who say "I found this on community, what do you think?", and being able to say "the community can help" is fantastic.

Our openness is a lot more shared than most of us expect.  This is a good thing, in my humble opinion.

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 3, 2019

Another way to find questions to answer is to use the Questions filter and Unsolved.Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 2.15.39 PM.png

The first reply is not always the best solution or even a solution at all. Someone else may just be commenting that they have the same issue.

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2019

New goals to achieve, hurray!!!

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2019

Let the hunt begin!

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2019

@Monique vdB didn't know the "server" tag - that's really helpful! 

Let's get it on and be helpful for all our community buddies. It's interesting how many problems I solved by stumbling across them here before I got them for myself. 

Like # people like this
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

Super! I'm looking forward to it! :-)

Like # people like this
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

I am trying my best to make my small contributions :p

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

Badges Badges Badges....Get 'em while they are hot!

kristen.gif

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

Community has been the most helpful resource for me as I learned Jira and got up to speed. I then wanted to give back to the Community by helping others with their needs by answering some questions and providing advice. The benefit goes both ways, and I encourage you to answer when you can!!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

I believe I have already answered double or triple the quota just this morning  hahaha.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 4, 2019

@John Funk ⭐️

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 4, 2019

@Fabienne Gerhard oh good! Glad that's helpful! We're now asking for hosting details when the post is created, so this works for product tags too. So you can enter confluence-server as your tag and get a feed of those questions. 

Like # people like this
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

I think the best thing about Atlassian Community is that we can connect directly with people from Atlassian which seems exciting.

Like # people like this
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2019

I received this badge today. yayyy!

Like # people like this
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2019

I just got this! I am very excited that this is a badge everyone can earn.

Like # people like this
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2019

Awesome new badge :)

I encourage everyone to get out there and share their knowledge. Collaboration and sharing is very powerful -  I like the challenge of helping others and finding alternatives to things other users want to do.

But equally, I find it compelling how passionate and knowledgeable other users are - I've learnt a lot from this community and I enjoy finding an answer which helps me overcome a question, seeing an alternative I'd never considered or a new app or function I haven't tried before.

And that all starts with you! I hope all of you answer as many questions as you can :)

Or in other words...

happy toy story GIF

Ste

Like # people like this
Dylan Taylor January 11, 2020

Can I turn off badges for my profile?

This feels like school where everyone got a ribbon.

I am here to get information about work, not this stuff.

At the very least how do I turn off getting notified about them???

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2020

Dylan, you can change your notification preferences under your profile. Just click on you avatar.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 14, 2020

@Dylan Taylor this direct link should take you to your settings page: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/user-id/3703613/tab/user-subscriptions%3Anotification-settings

Look for "Badges I earn" and change the frequency to "Never," then save your preferences. 

Like # people like this
Marilo Meta May 20, 2020

Thanks for the tips!

Like # people like this
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2020

I got these badges recently wooohooo!!

7yTy.gif

Like # people like this
Bhanu
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2020

This link is the key to help community A feed of all unanswered questions

Thank you for sharing it with us @Monique vdB 

Like Maria Iqbal likes this
janaki_joshi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2020

Helpful tips. Thank you

Like # people like this
Laurie Greener September 24, 2020

Thank you

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events