🎮 Announcing Devs Unleashed Hackathon 🎮

DevsUnleashed_community_banner_launch.png

Have you ever wanted to build a game, maybe one where the player fights monsters tied to “In progress” Jira issues? Now, you can. Registration is OPEN for our new hackathon, Devs Unleashed!

Unleash your creativity and build a game in Jira Software, Jira Service Management, or Confluence using Atlassian Forge and REST APIs. Three finalists will be flown to Berlin to present their games to a celebrity panel and compete for 💸 cash prizes 💸 at the first-ever Atlassian Presents: Unleash!

➡️ SUBMIT YOUR GAME ⬅️

Joining is as easy as 1, 2, 3!

Here are a few things you need to do in order to join Devs Unleashed:

1. Head over to DevPost (the platform hosting this hackathon) via the link above and create an account.

2. Review the prompt, submission requirements, and judging criteria thoroughly.

3. Build a game by yourself or with a team and submit by January 15, 2023!

Wait, did someone say "cash prizes"?

Yes, you heard that right! Each finalist will get 2 tickets to Atlassian Presents: Unleash, have their airfare to and accommodations in Berlin covered entirely by Atlassian, and compete for various cash prizes at the event.

:trophy: TOP 3 FINALISTS :trophy:

As determined by celebrity panel

:first_place: $35,000 USD

:second_place: $20,000 USD

:third_place: $12,500 USD

Best of all, you don’t have to be a finalist to take home a cash prize. We have several more opportunities to win:

:sparkles: REGIONAL WINNERS :sparkles:

$1,000 for each of the top 4 submissions from each region: Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa

:sparkles: MOST VALUABLE FEEDBACK WINNERS :sparkles:

$1,000 for each of the top 10 submissions

Key deadlines to remember

:joystick: TODAY – Jan 15, 11:45pm EST: Submissions period

:joystick: Jan 16, 12:00 am EST – Jan 20, 11:45pm EST: Public voting + judging period

:joystick: Feb 7: Finalist announcement*

:joystick: Feb 9: Finalist presentations LIVE in Berlin

*Finalists will be contacted prior to the public announcement to book travel and accommodations.

Connect with other devs

Got a question about Forge or want to gut-check an idea as you build your game? Join the official Devs Unleashed Community group to get help from Atlassian experts or connect with like-minded peers.

➡️ JOIN THE COMMUNITY ⬅️

We’re excited to see what you build! Good luck, and we’ll see you in Berlin! :wave:

4 comments

Emily Love
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2022

I can't wait to see the submissions - also curious who the celebrity panelists are!

Like Rachel Tang likes this
Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2022

Wooohooo!!!! Good luck everyone! 

Like Rachel Tang likes this
Tushar Bhatia
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2022

What a fun theme! I can't wait to be able to "QA" these games

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

I LOVE this initiative!  I start Christmas vacation next week and the kids are still in school.  I might take a run at this and see what I can come up with!

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events