Who Stetter Is and What He Does

John Stetter September 10, 2018

As everyone is making introductions, I shall follow suit.

Greetings, fellow Atlassian mates!  My name is John Stetter although most folks call me Stetter or Mister Stetter - tongue in cheek mister, I'm really not that much of a tool.

I worked for Great Lakes Higher Education, acquired by Nelnet earlier this year.  Prior to acquisition, we architected the Atlassian stack, grass-roots style.  The footprint has expanded from a few dozen users to several hundred if not more.

I'm basically the self-proclaimed Janitor and Plumber of the Dev stack.  I get to install, upgrade and tune our environment - getting down into the internals of the products is always interesting to say the least.

We also have SaaS for Confluence and JIRA.  One of the upcoming challenges is this:  The mantra is to the cloud!I for everything.  Getting existing content from on-prem to the hosted version...can it be done?  A challenge?  Perhaps :)

Our stack and history (all systems run on RHEL):

• Bamboo
  • Crowd talking to Active Directory
  • Confluence
  • JIRA (Capture and Zephyr)
  • Subversion for SCM, Fisheye/Crucible (deprecated)
  • Migration to Git
  • Bitbucket

If you've made it this far, congrats - I'm notorious for walls of text, just call me TL;DR :)

I look forward to talking shop with other folks who have a similar relationship with the products.

>>--Stetter

1 comment

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 10, 2018

Hi @John Stetter and welcome! In case you didn't see this, we also have a Migrations collection where you can chat specifically about migrating from hosted to cloud, although I'm sure this group will have thoughts as well. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events