Welcome to the Enterprise Community Group!

Maggie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2018

Hi everyone!

I'm Maggie, a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Enterprise here at Atlassian. Where others see 'Enterprise', we see a team of teams, and we're the expert in teams. We understand the tension between providing your teams the flexibility and autonomy they need to move fast while still maintaining proper organizational control. We want to help you connect with others on their journey as they look to find that balance.

We're excited to have this dedicated community group for our enterprise customers. A place to share stories, tips and best practices for using Atlassian products at scale. But before we dive into the nitty gritty, let's use this thread to introduce ourselves. Tell us where you work, your role and what Atlassian tools you use. (smile)

Are you ready to unleash your team of teams?

Cheers,

Maggie

19 comments

Comment

Deleted user August 30, 2018

Hello Maggie / Hello Everyone,

Greetings from India!

I'm working as an External Consultant in Mercedes Benz Research and Development in India.  In our environment we use Crowd, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible and Service desk.

Regards,

Solomon

Like # people like this
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

Hey Solomon,

glad to meet you here - greetings from Germany :)

Cheers,

Christoph

Like Alexis Robert likes this
Alexandra Smith September 10, 2018

Hello!

I'm part of the SaaS administration team at a company that currently has 2100 users in our server instance. It's composed of JIRA Software, Service Desk, and Confluence.

We are extremely interested in opportunities for scaling with minimal tech debt due to our increasing company size (up to 900 new employees in the last year) and the number of projects in our JIRA instance. We are especially interested in the possibility of cloud increasing it's user limit or exploring the pros and cons of moving to data center.

It's great to have a space dedicated to the use of JIRA as an enterprise tool!

Like Alexis Robert likes this
Santosh Karthikeyan Viswanathan September 10, 2018

Hi there!

I work at Pfizer and manage DevOps service using JIRA, JIRA SD, Confluence and Bitbucket.

Thanks,
SKV

Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2018

Hello , My name is Gal Fatal managing DevOps and tools teams at HP. We are using Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket/SD and have many kind of add-ons.  We are on premise and growing with number of users and usage.

George_Cusumano September 10, 2018

George @ eBay. We support the enterprise Data Center instances for eBay Marketplaces for JIRA, and Confluence. Always happy to share and learn with the group. We have about 12k active users in Confluence and about 8k in JIRA. We find unique application issues we expect other Enterprise customers must also experience and this looks like a good place to share our learnings. 

Ciaira Castorena September 10, 2018

Thanks for starting this group, @Maggie!

I'm with HubSpot and am focused on product, knowledge, and program management for our instance of Confluence, which we use as our internal wiki & employee community. We also use Jira, and are expanding our portfolio of add-ons.

Looking forward to seeing what topics get brought up in the group!

Like Darin Hafer likes this
Vaibhav singh September 10, 2018

Tell us where you work, your role and what Atlassian tools you use

Hey Mate,

I am currently working with Rexel Australia as an Atlassian Application Analyst and we use JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo.

I am really looking forward to this group due to the sheer potential of knowledge transfer.

Regards,

V

Matthias Krauss September 11, 2018

Hi and greetings to all,

I'm part of a team looking after an Agile / DevOps toolchain here at BMW in Munich, which comprises - among other components - an Atlassian stack with Confluence, Jira Software, Bitbucket and Crowd. We have been live for roughly a year and have seen very fast growth in users, spaces / projects and artefacts.

Always interested in sharing good practices and learning about the usage of the Atlassian tools in other enterprise environments. We are using datacenter, are employing quite a number of apps, and have experience with Premier Support and TAM.

Glad to join this community...

Cheers

matthias

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Marco Nowak September 11, 2018

Hi all.

I am Senior Project Manager and JIRA / Confluence Admin at Hellmann in Osnabrück, Germany. We use JIRA for our global IT department for the common use cases and in addition have more and more operational business processes adapted to JIRA (invoice handling, complaint management etc.).

Looking forward to interesting discussions with you.

Regards

Marco

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2018

Thanks for setting up the new group @Maggie - looking forward to sharing stories from the trenches with everyone. While there's obviously overlap with users in smaller environments, there's a set of struggles that only become apparent after a certain size and/or complexity. Technology is only part of the struggle, politics/business/people are such a large factor in the success of any platform.

For my intro - Craig Castle-Mead (CCM) from Uhub (part of the WPP family - 200,000+ staff / 400+ brands in 3500 offices in advertising and marketing). I originally started in our Sydney office but relocated to New York 2 years ago. Uhub is responsible for running a consolidated Atlassian product suite (along side some other tools) to support our agencies support their customers. We run Crowd, Jira Software, JSD, Confluence, Bitbucket, FeCru, Bamboo, Hipchat, StatusPage, Trello. Looking in to Jira Ops / OpsGenie since the Summit announcements. We support 13,000 users from ~ 200 distinct businesses/offices, so trying to balance "open" with consistency/process/security requirements. 

Part of the journey so far has been consolidating 30+ various environments in to our single instance with a list of close to 100 still to go. We've built a variety of custom tools to help manage the environment, from custom field management (allows us to add context around why a field was created etc) to a billing platform for usage.

Look forward to sharing and learning with other enterprise customers.

CCM

Phebe Brown September 11, 2018

Hi there!

I'm at Penguin Random House, and we host an instance of JIRA server that started out as a small POC, and quickly mushroomed as more and more people became interested in using JIRA to run their projects, and as Agile gained more traction here.

Interested to hear if others have had issues wrestling control/implementing standards once your instance has gained a high level of adoption.  Also, any info on administering JIRA at scale would be interesting to hear.

Regards,

Phebe

Angela Streeter September 11, 2018

Hi,

I am the Senior Systems Administrator at RetailMeNot. We host JIRA (Software & Service Desk), Confluence and Bitbucket servers in AWS. We use all of the products across the business. I assist our IT support team with administration on all of them. We use a hosting provider for the system configuration, DR and deployment in AWS. They assist us with issues that might arise in the environment, quarterly upgrades and scaling of the infrastructure.

Tommy Nordahl
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2018

Hi everyone, 

I'll jump in here as well. I'm one of the founders of Riada and the Insight platform. Let me know if you have any questions around scaling enterprise asset management in Jira with our products, I'll be happy to help. I've been around the Atlassian products for over a decade in various roles delivering tons of implementation projects in various industries.

Lars Bachmann September 30, 2018

Hej to everyone. Thx, @Maggie

i am responsible for Sales & Marketing @demicon - Platinum Solution Partner in the DACH region. Our focus is Automotive Industry - but we do help businesses from small to Enterprise scaling their application. 

Particularly in the area of scalable hosting environments and managed services - we are also AWS Advanced Consulting Partner - we have gained extensive expertise in the enterprise sector - from migration projects to setting up to creating cloud strategies and developing the infrastructure. Just contact me directly for more information.

Cheers, Lars

Gary Pasquale
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2018

Hi All,

I work for Aviva in the UK. We use Jira (12k users), Confluence (10k users) & Bitbucket (2k users). I'm a system admin for our Atlassian apps.

We're currently in the process of migrating all our Atlassian apps from Server to Data Centre.

Regards,

Gary

Ziad Qadora November 15, 2018

Hello,

I'm with Panasonic Avionics, we are currently transitioning from a legacy tool to Jira among other tools and I will be one of the admins for Jira.

Regards,

Ziad

Jose Augusto de Jesus Germano November 21, 2018

Hi guys,

I am Sysadmin in Eldorado Brasil Celulose (Brazil) and we use Confluence Server for Wiki pages in the IT Team, with future plans to use on the entire environment, such as using other tools and add-ins.

Regards,

José Germano

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2021

Hi Guys, 

My name is Gonchik. 

I like to work with different tools like Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence and Jira. 

Honestly, most of companies are growing too fast. Then I need to have scalability and high availability.

Next steps is compliances :) 

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022

Hello from Canada

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events