Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repost: How about keeping up with recent KB article updates?

Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2021

Hi Enterprise Community!
'hope you all find yourselves safe & sound! 🤗

I'm reaching out to hear from you if you'd appreciate a page to list the most recent KB articles updates:

How about keeping up with recent KB article updates?

The caveat is it lists both articles for Cloud and DC/Server. Would you still find it valuable this way?
Or would you keep checking it only if if we could split on two pages, one for Cloud and other fo DC/Server? Or just nah either way? 😂

Share your thoughts on the comments below!

Cheers!

15 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

@Rodrigo Martinez - As an admin for both on-prem and Cloud instances, a mixed stream of KB articles is fun. A split view would probably be better though! 😊

Like # people like this
James Yoon May 13, 2021

I second that a split view would be better.  We are strictly on Cloud instance and the number of times I searched for solutions to later find out it was only applicable to on-prem instance is so disappointing!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

@James Yoon - right? I remember trying to figure out how to set project-specific priorities, only to realize it's a Server/DC feature only (for now). 😅

Like Rodrigo Martinez likes this
Maxime Boyer May 13, 2021

Same thing the other way around 😄

Like # people like this
Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2021

Seriously... I never thought labels were SO IMPORTANT in Confluence until I had to use the /content/search endpoint Harold1.png

Long story short: it was possible to split the pages into Cloud and DC/Server content! — though the updates will have to be manual. Ain't no installed gadget to do this ugly workaround I made with Python 😂

Maybe updating both pages once each month with "the previous month highlights"?

Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2021
Like Marjorie likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2021

@Rodrigo Martinez I am into separating the 2. Cloud and Server have so many different features, sometimes while in hurry we completely miss to switch the tab to the right hosting. Also for newbies it is something they are not familiar with. 

Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
June 1, 2021

Hi Community!

Pages updated with all articles created or updated in May!

So let us know if you find this useful and would like to see it improved through the feedback buttons on the bottom of those pages! laugh

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

thank you @Rodrigo Martinez 

Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2021

Hi everybody!

Pages updated with data from June! All updated or created articles from June 1st up to today.

Hope you find something interesting there! :)

Cheers!

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

Nice)

Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2021

Hi everybody!

We revamped those two pages to work with a macro, so we'll be able to update it more frequently.

The updates are still manually triggered, but yeah... it's _still_ a MVP.

Feedbacks are highly appreciated! :)

Cheers

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

Nice thought! I like it! Thanx!

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2021

I personally would prefer 1 page with the possibility to filter the content (server, cloud, version in which the problem was fixed, ...)

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2021

It would help me much, if a notification can be send to me, when some KB article is changed... These lists are great, but I need to set some reminder to check these pages regularly...

Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
August 4, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová !

Thanks for joining the discussion!! =D

Unfortunately, the Viewport app blocks the native Confluence "watch" feature (at least in the version in use by confluence.atlassian.com) — also, recently we changed the pages to use a "recently updated macro" instead, so there are no more actual page edits.

Not sure if it helps somehow, but those lists are being updated almost daily now! :)

Cheers!

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

Hi @Rodrigo Martinez ,

thank you! Never mind, maybe one day it will be possible :-)

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2021

Also, I think a lot of people would like this functionality and help them... so, please, when do you think this would be official? Do you plan to do some promo? Because here in the discussion it is very hard to be found.

Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
August 4, 2021

Hi Hana!

Right now we're mostly gathering feedback on the pages! If it trends enough we'll see into publicizing it and expanding to other products! (right now it's just Jira Server/DC and Cloud)

Feel free (and encouraged!) to provide us feedback through the pages's bottom link and share'em with your Community! =D

Cheers!

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
August 9, 2021

Hey @Rodrigo Martinez ,

Thanks for putting this together and gathering feedback! On the Atlassian side, I've liked the roundups to try and at least be aware of what's new, even if there's not enough time to read it.

Some examples of roundups I've found helpful on Community:

I think separate pages for the Cloud vs on-prem KBs as you have it now is useful! The "wrong platform" confusion on Community is still troublesome. It's getting better over time. Cheers!

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2021

Wow!  This is great, thanks!

Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2021

Hi @Marjorie!

So nice to get your feedback! :) I'm happy you liked it!

The articles are scanned and labeled at least once a week, so new articles (or very old ones that had been recently edited) show up. Articles that already showed up at least once (ie. are already labeled) show popup automatically whenever they're edited.

Lemme know if you have any questions on it!

Cheers!

Like Marjorie likes this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2022

Thanks for the initiative! This is very great!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events